free website stats program Ouch | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ouch

I checked this area when I removed the bar. Yes, it was bent some, but not torn. I was able to push it back into place with some mechanical persuasion, close enough that the bar will mount square when I get it straightened, or get a new one.

RJ...glad you worked your way through with nothing but some bent hardware and a little bit of lost pride...!

Kinda odd you could do the cross country thing on your Glide, without a scratch, but go a few miles on Dyna BAM! :small3d007: They say that most accidents happen only a couple miles from the home, must be the bike...think it must be time for another long ride to be safe...hmmm? :newsmile030:

Glad you were OK Jake. The bike can always be fixed. As you noticed on my trip, I had a little problems keeping the shiny side up.

Jake,

I'm glad you are OK. Good job on straightening the bike and then braking. Thanks for the post too. It's a reminder to everyone to watch out for loose gravel, especially on turns.

Any crash you can walk away from is a good one. Glad you didn't get seriously injured (like the tread title) & the bike fared most of the "ouch" which is fixable. Maybe it's time for a nice set of Lindbars, or other after-market highway bars...? ;)

Back