free website stats program Osram bulb | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Osram bulb

Currently have one installed, because it's higher wattage sometimes Mfg has a thinner filament in bulb, which with the vibrations our bikes have could be the problem.

I broke down and ordered 2 more bulbs, the brighter light to dodge the deer will make up for the short life span.

I definitely will keep a spare in my saddle bags so I don't experience anymore flasbacks (pun intended) of driving on dark country roads by the light of my flashers. Thanks for all the feedback from everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 3 of them, put one in my 04 ultra a year ago and run it on high beam all day long and when I can at night w/no trouble. But I gave one to a buddy with a 01 R/K and his low beam lasted about 10 months, so I gave him my spare and "was" going to order some more but maybe not now I've read this.

just a question here: i wonder if a headlight modulator which reduces voltage in pulses would make the bulb last longer. put a mod. on the 01 rk in 07 and changed from sealed beam to twin bulb halogen. no problems w/ either bulb. probably 20k on lights. mostly high beam.

If you reduce voltage, you will also cut down on the light output, which is why we like this bulb...

I have gone through a couple of the Osram bulbs in the last year. I think the more you use the high beam the faster it dies. I do not use the high beams that much, but I have a garage door opener activated by my high beam and I use that quite a bit.

Back