Ordered IDS FOR '07

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by SteveB, Aug 12, 2008.

1. SteveB

SteveB Member

I ordered an IDS from Zanotti's yesterday..... said not in stock should ship possibily by next Monday.They will press bearing in for an additional $12.00. I do not have any issues with transmission ie. whine or rattling....... overall motorcycle has performed well with a little over 18,000 miles. Getting ready to change out rear tire (seems like I just did that a couple of thousand miles ago) tires wear out quick when you ride. Hope this addition is is all it is hyped up to be. I figured that it sure couldn't hurt.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

I noticed a more refined feel in mine when I added the IDS and I had a decent amount of noise in mine in 5th and 6th gears.
    It's strange how some don't have the "can of marbles" sound that most have in the 07 bikes. I sure would like to try one that doesn't experience the noise to see if it is the bike or your style of riding causing the noises. It's mainly after a complete warm up that the noise occurs.

3. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

So what is a IDS as My 07 has a loud 5th gear and I haven't been able to quiet it down.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

5. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

Hey thanks much Glider...after reading the posts it seems that this is what I am looking for. Bet it will even quiet the noise coming from the wife saying that something must be broke. You the Man!

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

If it does that, order two of them:D

They DO work! (The IDS that is)

7. blues821

blues821 Active Member

i get that marble noise to but ive noticed that if i use just a tad more rpms its not noticeable ex. dont hit 5th gr till almost 55 and dont hit 6th till around 72ish maybe this will help . hope it does
    keith