free website stats program Ordered IDS FOR '07 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ordered IDS FOR '07

SteveB

I ordered an IDS from Zanotti's yesterday..... said not in stock should ship possibily by next Monday.They will press bearing in for an additional $12.00. I do not have any issues with transmission ie. whine or rattling....... overall motorcycle has performed well with a little over 18,000 miles. Getting ready to change out rear tire (seems like I just did that a couple of thousand miles ago) tires wear out quick when you ride. Hope this addition is is all it is hyped up to be. I figured that it sure couldn't hurt.

I noticed a more refined feel in mine when I added the IDS and I had a decent amount of noise in mine in 5th and 6th gears.
It's strange how some don't have the "can of marbles" sound that most have in the 07 bikes. I sure would like to try one that doesn't experience the noise to see if it is the bike or your style of riding causing the noises. It's mainly after a complete warm up that the noise occurs.

Hey thanks much Glider...after reading the posts it seems that this is what I am looking for. Bet it will even quiet the noise coming from the wife saying that something must be broke. You the Man!

I noticed a more refined feel in mine when I added the IDS and I had a decent amount of noise in mine in 5th and 6th gears.
It's strange how some don't have the "can of marbles" sound that most have in the 07 bikes. I sure would like to try one that doesn't experience the noise to see if it is the bike or your style of riding causing the noises. It's mainly after a complete warm up that the noise occurs.

i get that marble noise to but ive noticed that if i use just a tad more rpms its not noticeable ex. dont hit 5th gr till almost 55 and dont hit 6th till around 72ish maybe this will help . hope it does
keith

Back