free website stats program ...or is it just me??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

...or is it just me???

There are a lot of folks out there unable to stop and smell the roses. You see them everyday. They almost run you over because they are multi-tasking while driving. Too busy to enjoy the best that life has to offer.

You would be surprised. There are plenty of people that live on Long Island an hour away from Manhattan and never been there.

I agree with Hobbit, some people hate getting caught up in tourist traps. It takes something away from it. Then again, I hate crowds. :wall

Pictures don't do justice to places like the Grand Canyon or the Niagra Falls. Even Gettysburg has to be seen to be appreciated. Some folks could care less and that is their right. Me, I am going to go and see.

I'm with you. We'd pack up the three girls, our suitcases, cram everything in the minivan and head out for a week vacation. We'd say, the kids got to see this, boy the kids got to see this. Now the kids are gone, and I get to see all these wonders on my Harley. I will try and see as much as possible and enjoy the ride getting there. The same landscape I seen 30 years ago looks a heck of alot different from the seat of my bike. And I'm going to enjoy it.

I'm with you. We'd pack up the three girls, our suitcases, cram everything in the minivan and head out for a week vacation. We'd say, the kids got to see this, boy the kids got to see this. Now the kids are gone, and I get to see all these wonders on my Harley. I will try and see as much as possible and enjoy the ride getting there. The same landscape I seen 30 years ago looks a heck of alot different from the seat of my bike. And I'm going to enjoy it.

You are so right. You just take in a whole lot more from the seat of a bike than inside a car or a van. I love to ski and there's a fun to moving on a bike that feels very similar, very exhilirating. Cages are very well named - you're just too isolated and closed in. Now maybe some cool soft top would be different. But I don't have one and I don't need it, the bike's plenty soft top for me.

Hey there Mr. T, in a way I'm not surprised at her answer. I live in a town that is famous for its Rodeo and I've never been to it, don't care for some of the people there. I think sometimes that some people get so busy in their everyday lives that they fail to see what is around them.

We were just Discuccing going to the bottom of the Grand canyon on vacation. Weve lived {my family} All our 40 some odd years and never been down to the bottom. Theres people in Japan thats been there ???
I agree T.V aint for me !

It's a big world & I want to see it. :D When opportunity knocks, I answer the door & I go. A couple of years ago, Buffalo, NY got hit with an ice storm in early October, when they came into the office & asked who would be willing to go help, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Sure I've seen the falls when I was a kid, & I had seen Buffalo, but I'd go again. :s I was fortunate to see many places in WV that many will never see.

A buddy that runs a touring center had a slow week & I was chilling there, so he says, 'you want to run the New Rive & do some fishing?'. I said sure! We had 2 days on the river (in the rain, but that didn't matter) just floating & fishing, and we only saw one person, a train operator across the river as we were sitting by the fire cooking dinner, and then about an hour before we hit the take out point, one other boat went by. Oh yeah, we left the truck at the put in & left the keys & $20 in the ash tray, one phone call & the truck ended up at the take out point.

Many people would have passed, (that's how I ended up going, my buddy couldn't get anyone to take off in the middle of the week). Not that I was a last resort or anything, :( but he just never thought of me, since I was big into bicycling at the time.

It's a big world, see it is my philosophy. But, my parents are happy staying at home, even though they have a place in TN that they could go to any time they please. To each their own.

Hey there Mr. T, in a way I'm not surprised at her answer. I live in a town that is famous for its Rodeo and I've never been to it, don't care for some of the people there. I think sometimes that some people get so busy in their everyday lives that they fail to see what is around them.

Hey TC, good to see you here mate, drop in more often, eh? I agree, each to their own, whatever makes you happy. I'm just happy to have climbed the Eiffel Tower, strolled through the Louvre, St. Pauls and Westminster Abbey in London, hugged the Statue Of Liberty and zoomed up the Empire State Building in an incredibly fast lift, stand in awe at Niagra falls, dived on the Great Barrier Reef, etc,etc...
I feel very privilleged and lucky to have achieved these things.

Travelling is our joy, but like I said before, each to their own!! :D

I've lived here in Oregon for the better part of my life and most of it in the Rogue Valley. I grew up here, but as many I hadn't visited Crater Lake until just this past couple of years taking motorcycle tours up to the lake and riding around it. Just never thought about going there knowing that I could go there anytime I wanted.

Also, I've never been to the Shakespearian Theater in Ashland, Oregon, 11 miles from me. People come from all over the world to see the plays. Maybe one of these days I'll go see one.
Ugly John

Back