free website stats program Options to replace Mikuni air cleaner cover? | Harley Davidson Forums

Options to replace Mikuni air cleaner cover?

mlemay

Does anyone know if there is an option to replace the cover that comes with the Mikuni HSR air cleaner cover? The old original air cleaner cover had a flat part that was against my leg. The Mikuni cover has a corner against my leg. My original cover does not even come close to being able to cover the Mikuni filter, so I can't just put the original cover back on.

Maybe I'm just too picky? Has anyone else made the swap to the Mikuni 45 HSR and missed their old air cleaner cover?

400-245_A.jpg
Do you have this one?

Hi, i have this setup upon my 94 nostalgia and had devil of a job getting a replacement filter so ended up buying a screaming eagle aircleaner kit and making up a two piece billet adaptor to interface carb and aircleaner assembly,took a fair bit of careful measuring etc but it cured the closeness to right knee/leg and now no problem sourcing a filter when i need one-hope this helps,Nick

Sometimes you have to improvise and work with what you've got, good job.
Maybe mIemay may have to do the same.

Thank you everyone for the input. I looked at adapting some parts of extra air cleaners I have laying around. I don't want to buy any more air cleaner assemblies to modify. In the mean time, I've become accustomed to it, so I will probably keep it as is.

Back