free website stats program Options for detachable tour pack | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Options for detachable tour pack

I will also weigh in here.

I added the HD detachable tour pack to my Street Glide. The few times my wife rides with me, she loves the comfort and added support. When she's not with me, it's SOOOOO convenient having all that extra space for rain gear, jackets, etc. It also allows me to lock up my helmet and gear when I stop.

As previously mentioned, about the only time I take it off now is for cleaning purposes.

Have I ruined the look of a Street Glide by doing this? Yes and no. The tour pack and Sundowner seat are definitely not in the FLHX philosophy but I love their comfort and convenience. I still retained the clean FLHX look in the saddlebag, fairing, and fender areas. Compromise is the secret to life!!!

Mine looks like breeze cat's only it is black and i remounted the antenna's when i have the tour PAC on i use the whips and when i have it off i have the shorty's on so i don't get my big feet tangled up in then when i git on it.I will have to take a picture of it i been to busy riding and don't have any.

OLBill

shoot me some pics id like to see it......

I had the same issue with my 08 FLHTC. Trust me..go with the detach kit from Harley. My wife likes to ride and likes the tourpak..I like to ride with out it. It's probably on for half the time I'm riding and off the rest..it is easy to remove/replace once the kit is on. You'll be glad you did.

Okay! I'm liking the looks of that! Any problems with running the light connectors uncapped or have you covered them somehow? Guessing leaving the luggage rack looks a little funny, but I'm thinking about checking that out before removing it too! Maybe hanging some lights from it! Any thoughts out there?

I have fully outfitted my ''03 RKC with all the trimmings, including the detachable, matching tourpack. It was pricey, but once purchased and made part of the configuration options I would not want to be without it. It goes on and off in a couple of minutes.

For myself, I like no tourpack, adn the Corbin Hollywood solo seat. Momma likes to carry all her stuff, so super-padded two-up HD touring seat and tourpack is her favorite configuration.

If you get the quick disconnect set-up, spend the extra green to get the locking latches. You do not want some fine individual "quick-disconnecting" your tourpack and walking away with it.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Hey guys my bad it was late when i answered about the relocation of the tour PAC i have mine set up for solo riding only not 2 up.The antenna relocation kits are listed in the P.A. book as frame mount kits so you don't have to move the things around.I use my tour PAC as a back rest along with my solo seat works great.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 33
Hey guys my bad it was late when i answered about the relocation of the tour PAC i have mine set up for solo riding only not 2 up.The antenna relocation kits are listed in the P.A. book as frame mount kits so you don't have to move the things around.I use my tour PAC as a back rest along with my solo seat works great.
I like that look, Bill.

Back