free website stats program Optional Saddle Bag Retainer | Harley Davidson Forums

Optional Saddle Bag Retainer

joel

Every once in awhile you read about someone loosing a saddle bag. Here are some pics of what I did to help me feel better in keeping them securely attached.
Went to Lowe's and bought these, Hillman 5/16 - 18 x 1 3/4 knob / male stud, thes are located in the fastener section , in the pull out drawers, from NAPA #665-1461 extruded nuts / panel nuts.
I cut 1/2 inch off the stud, painted the bottom and applied some WD-40 to the threads, I only used 1 per side
20160515_102012 (1024x576).jpg 20160515_103157 (1024x576).jpg 20160515_105135 (576x1024).jpg 20160515_103554 (1024x576).jpg 20160515_103609 (1024x576).jpg

I'm not able to post in the self help section, says I have insufficient privileges to post here.

I'm not able to post in the self help section, says I have insufficient privileges to post here.

That's strange, you should be able to start a new thread there. Try going to the home page click on general tips, when it opens in the upper right of page click on post new thread,

Great idea and probably spent less than similar attachments on line.

Total of $10.00 to do both bags

Jeff I went to home, than to the general tips, no area at the top from left to right for new thread, at the bottom it shows statement on bottom right. (You have insufficient privileges to post here.)
I can post new threads anywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff I went to home, than to the general tips, no area at the top from left to right for new thread, at the bottom it shows statement on bottom right. (You have insufficient privileges to post here.)
I can post new threads anywhere else.

When I do what you did on the right side of page at the top and at the bottom right as well I have a blue box that says post new thread. Clicking on that box should bring you to the section to make a new thread.

Maybe a mod. can check for you and see what the problem is.

Joel, from the home screen, you will see this on the page.

upload_2016-5-16_20-49-37.png

Here is the link:
http://www.hdtimeline.com/forums/general-tips.26/

Once you click the link above, you should see this option in the top right of the page:

upload_2016-5-16_20-51-54.png

If you click on the 'Post New Thread', you should be able to post your tips. If you do not see the post option, Steve may have to look at it closer. ;)

Thanks for sharing!

Attachments

• General Tips.jpg
    General Tips.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1
Joel, from the home screen, you will see this on the page.

View attachment 17120

Here is the link:
http://www.hdtimeline.com/forums/general-tips.26/

Once you click the link above, you should see this option in the top right of the page:

View attachment 17121

If you click on the 'Post New Thread', you should be able to post your tips. If you do not see the post option, Steve may have to look at it closer. ;)

Thanks for sharing!
Other than making a mess of this thread. With all the posts that I have the message I get is (You have insufficient privileges to post here.) to start a new Self Help thread in any category............ So it seems that maybe the Mods are the only ones that can start a new thread in Self Help Section......:(

Back