free website stats program optimate battery care | Harley Davidson Forums

optimate battery care

gunnut

Hi everyone.I'm laying my bike up for the winter,and obviously have to take out the battery,as theres no power supply to the garage(this is england)question is,do Iput the battery on the optimate for the next few months,os just before Ireinstall it round about Feb next year??Thankfull as always,ride safe&keep well.

If it was me, I'd keep it on the tender full time. This is what I do year round with the bike in the garage so why should it be any different just because the battery's out of the bike?

I have 2 optimates one in each shed and i tend to charge each bike for a couple of days once a month or so over the winter
However it should not be a problem to leave it connected permanently

Brian

I like the pigtail set up, no need for removal, but if you have no power in the shed you should remove the battery and charge it in a well ventilated area JMO

I wired my cigarette lighter on my street glide to be hot without the switch on. And I also have one on the fatty. On my battery tender i installed a male cigarette lighter plug on the end. Now when I store my bike I just plug it in the lighter socket. No stupid pigtail hanging down. ;)

I wired my cigarette lighter on my street glide to be hot without the switch on. And I also have one on the fatty. On my battery tender i installed a male cigarette lighter plug on the end. Now when I store my bike I just plug it in the lighter socket. No stupid pigtail hanging down. ;)

I like it! I've been working the pigtail thing, but now have another goal. Great idea! Thanks!:cheers

Back