Opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Wlindsey, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Wlindsey

Wlindsey Member

Ok I'm looking into putting True Duals on Momma's 2000 FLHTCUI to help get some of the heat down on the thighs. Kinda looking at V&H. Anyone have any input or recommendations?

2. r_k_dragon

r_k_dragon Active Member

Well, I'd do it! I did the de-cat in the oem headers and changed to V&H Monster Ovals and added a Dobeck Gen4 AFR and there was a noticable drop on the temps under the thighs! Along with all the other pluses! More money and I'd do the True Duals! Later.

3. Wlindsey

Wlindsey Member

I thought she was yankin my chain about the heat until I saw her thigh after a four hour ride in the Texas heat. She actually had 2nd burns on her thigh.

4. hillbilly81

hillbilly81 Active Member

A full system should really help...the 2 into 1 headers seem to really cool things down

5. NELS

NELS Member

Used the V&H on my King with stock mufflers a big sucker and tuner. Performance increase and heat reduction , big difference!

6. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  7. BUDROE

BUDROE New Member

That is the way to go. I change mind and runs great less heat. Great gas mileage to.

8. Wlindsey

Wlindsey Member

Yes it does have deflectors, no cat's. It's got a set of BUB mufflers on it as well. If it were not for the trike kit being such a pain with making mufflers work I would put some V&H Wide ovals on it as well.

9. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Rinehart's would be my choice but I am biased......

10. nfusion

nfusion Active Member

I agreed on the rineharts bodeen had the ovals didn't like them