free website stats program Opinions please!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions please!!

My 03 ultra had 61,000 miles on it in dec 05 when we got it, now has 99,785. The engine oil had been changed pretty regular but not the trans or primary which had a leak. cam tensioners went at 75,000 mi. ESP replaced everything between crank and pushrods. Had stock mufflers so heard the clatter and caught it early. Now have 99,785. Still runs strong. Going to check tensioners this fall.

I just hit 30,000 with my 07 EGC... It had 19K on it when I got it in April 2010. It runs great, and has a perfect service history, so I assume it will last me a long time.

My problem is I think I need a new Roadglide Ultra, but don't want to pay the price yet. :s

Does anyone have any idea if there comes a "point of no return" when nobody will want a higher mileage unit?

Geesh, I dont get it. 30k miles on a bike (a touring bike at that!) is too much :(...that is the old time Harley crowd who never wanted the bike to go over 15k before selling or trading. Perhaps the fears were valid in AMF days but modern bikes of all makes are pretty dang reliable and I would have no hesitation buying a bike with that kind of mileage nor putting on that mileage (every bike I have had has seen more than 35k miles but one and normally I change them just to get something entirely different not because they are problems). Of course miles arent always miles...depends on the riding to get there and the care along the way...ymmv. Sounds like you got a decent price and if you like it, ignore the naysayers and put some miles down then show em the bike at 60k. :s

I just hit 30,000 with my 07 EGC...
Does anyone have any idea if there comes a "point of no return" when nobody will want a higher mileage unit?

I think this thread points out a still too common bias about motorcycles and mileage in the US. They are toys here (not transportation) and many buyers only expect mileage in the 10k-20k range before they start getting icky about it. I think it does depress values once you get over 20k or so because of this (unless it is a 'Wing which seems to be expected to have miles on it)

Phil

Agree wv. Riding buddy of mine has wing with 90K on it-every time we go somewhere there's always some issue with it-usually minor. Gimme a well taken care of glide of the same vintage (1996) any day.

If the cam shoes need replacing would the dealer install upgrade hydraulic system if you paid the difference? Shouldn't be that much. Woundn't hurt to ask!
wilks3
:USA

Back