free website stats program Opinions please!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions please!!

hsoj10

I have received mixed opinions about whether or not I made a mistake buying a 2006 Electra Glide Standard with 30,000 miles. Some are telling me I never should have bought a bike with that many miles. Others say thats not that many miles at all. Bike runs good and looks good. I purchased a 5 year ESP from the Harley dealer I purchased the bike from. Let me know what you guys think. Mistake? Too Many miles? oh, and I payed $11,500 since I know some of you will want to know, lol.

The price is reasonable. KBB has it listed for $12,315. As far as the miles, it's not excessive and you should enjoy the bike regardless of what your told. The ESP will give you peace of mind too.

If it makes you feel better your 5 speed is a better trans than the new 6 speeds are.

I purchased an Ultra a few years back. The bike had 65,000 miles on it. Ordinarily, I'd back right off, but the previous owner had each and every service done at a HD dealer, all documented. You could tell that the bike was well taken care of. That, and the fact that I didn't plan any coast to coast trips made it ideal for my purposes. I have put about another 20K on it, and aside from the hydraulic tensioner upgrade, it's been only routine wear and tear items. Bike runs great and I plan on keeping it for the forseeable future. In short, condition, sometimes, is more important than miles....

Sounds to me like you got a fair deal and like glider said, 30,000 miles is not something to worry about. Plenty of members here with a lot more miles than than and still going strong. Ride and enjoy, don't let the other guys take the fun away :s

hsoj10

One thing I might point out is to check your cam chain tensioners. There have been some that have worn through at 20K and others that went 60K but it's worth the time to look at then to be sure and if they are worn, just replace them but check them in any event.

I see no problem in what you did. I have over 30k on my 07 and have not had any major problem. Enjoy and ride..just be safe.

hsoj10

One thing I might point out is to check your cam chain tensioners. There have been some that have worn through at 20K and others that went 60K but it's worth the time to look at then to be sure and if they are worn, just replace them but check them in any event.

I plan to do that soon. According to my HD Dealer if they go bad or are found to be out of spec the ESP will cover replacement. Once the warranty is up I will probably switch them out for hydraulic.

30K wouldn't scare me off, if its the bike I wanted. Ride it like you stole it and don't worry about the miles

Sound like a good deal. I have a 2010 UC with over 35k miles and I plan to ride until the wheels fall off. LOL

Back