free website stats program Opinions/Options regarding touring seats | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions/Options regarding touring seats

I pulled the trigger the other day on Ebay for an HD reduced reach seat... I'll let you know when I get it next week how that works out. Since I'm on a Road Glide, I think I'll be ok moving forward a little. I swapped out my bars but am still stretching just a tad when I slouch back on the stock seat.

You can demo most of the factory seats at a lot of the dealers now. I'm in the same boat as you. I ride a 2009 King and thought the saddle was a bit high. The 2010\2011 Road Kings seat is lower, so I ordered and installed it. The first thing I realized is it pushes you forward which I don't like. Tried a Sundowner through the
Harley Demo program. It was great for the first hour, but it wasn't enough of an
improvment to warrant the expense. For now, the original 2009 seat is my goto seat for 2 up.

Got my reduced reach seat installed today. I love the lower position, I can touch flat footed with my knees slightly bended.

But... it pushes me forward too much, especially with my rider back rest installed. It's ok for my arms reaching the bars, but my seated position has me really pushed forward into/onto the tank. Not sure how to say this politely, but I don't think the "boys" will be happy with the new position on a longer ride. I'll also need to adjust the highway pegs, they are too close now.

At least I've got an extra seat now. I won't have to go without if I decide to send the stock seat to MCC. That seems to be the most cost effective way to go.

Got my reduced reach seat installed today. I love the lower position, I can touch flat footed with my knees slightly bended.

But... it pushes me forward too much, especially with my rider back rest installed. It's ok for my arms reaching the bars, but my seated position has me really pushed forward into/onto the tank. Not sure how to say this politely, but I don't think the "boys" will be happy with the new position on a longer ride. I'll also need to adjust the highway pegs, they are too close now.

At least I've got an extra seat now. I won't have to go without if I decide to send the stock seat to MCC. That seems to be the most cost effective way to go.

MAN Rob,

I just bought a New used one here on HDT and Now I feel the same.. Lowed is GREAT.

Forward would be good for a short GAL and the fit is NOT built for a GUY.. Much too tight for me..

Hope you didn't paid Too much for yours? I gave 200 for the new one I bought and Plan to ask the same when I list it here for sale.. They are made well by HD but like I mentioned here In my High Pitched Voice,,,Not for Us...:small3d002:

signed....BUBBIE

Any takers on My New,Used Twice seat? Fits 09 and up touring.

200 and I'll ship to the 48. ..........300$ is the new cost.

Forward would be good for a short GAL and the fit is NOT built for a GUY.. Much too tight for me..

Hope you didn't paid Too much for yours? I gave 200 for the new one I bought and Plan to ask the same when I list it here for sale.. They are made well by HD but like I mentioned here In my High Pitched Voice,,,Not for Us...:small3d002:

signed....BUBBIE

I feel your pain... literally... :p

I got mine for around $200, including shipping, on Ebay, that seems to be the going rate. I think the guy said he used it for 200 miles, it does look brand new.

Like you said, it's a very well made seat, just not for everyone.

I'm 5'9" with approx 30 inch inseam. Kind of bummed about it since the height/width is perfect, just that forward push is the problem.

MCC is the way to go, had the factory seat on 2011 Ultra and a reach seat for a 2006 dyna (for the wife) lowered and memory foamed. Cost of both seats with shipping about the same as 1 new seat and we love them.

Mean City Cycles - Custom Seat Modifications

They can modify your present seat to accomplish practically any goal you have in mind. Cheaper than experimenting with buying a bunch of new ones. Down side is you're without a seat while they work on it.
The folks at MCC I spoke to were uniformly nice but they cannot help you lower an 09 stock ultra seat. At least that is what they told me as I'm trying to do the exact same thing you are, lower my seat without going front or rearwards. They did say if I came across a later year seat with "L" stamped on the underside they could work with me but not with a stock 09 seat.

I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get a mustang seat.
WAP.gif

I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get a mustang seat.
WAP.gif

Please Let us know how it works for you... I had great results using mustangs on my dyna's and might need the Mustang here on my 09 FLHR...

Many here in the same FIX..:bigsmiley25:

signed....BUBBIE

i have a Mustang on my 05 RKP... i love it can ride for hours and hours, the most comfortable seat i have ever had. it lifts me up just a bid but i am still flat footed when stopped. well worth the $$$

Back