free website stats program Opinions on Riding | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions on Riding

I'm not an attorney, but I've had several back injuries and surgery. Stick with the physical therapy and the exercises they should have you doing, no matter how silly you think they may be. I have gotten several steriod injections which help with the pain and discomfort. Make sure you go to a good spine clinic who uses a flouroscope to do the injections so they can see where they're injecting. Biggest thing is get in shape and strengthen your back and core muscles.

I'd take the advice of the attorneys and the judge that you've gotten and park the bike until you recover.

You have many years of riding and living ahead of you, don't screw them up.

Couldn't be said any better!!!! Park that scooter, get a good physical therapist, and heal that thing!!! :)

Keep going to therepy, I had a herniated disk in my back and I didnt think it was ever going to get better, but it has. It took quite a while, but it helps, see a chiropractor too. Have your doctor fill out a prescription for a chiro. and your insurance will pick some of it up.

I represented injured workers, insurance companies and employers for 30 years. I was also a workers' compensation administrative law judge for 12 years. You are kidding yourself if you "really don't see how it can hurt to ride since you haven't been taken off work and only been put on light duty." The general public and thus insurance adjusters believe that motorcycle riding is traumatic to those with back injuries. At the very least they believe that riding a bike aggravates an already injured back. At worst, they believe that it can cause herniated discs.

If the employer/insurer discovers that you are riding your bike, they will try to argue that it was the riding which injured your back. If they fail with that approach, they will argue that the riding is aggravating your industrial condition and they shouldn't have to pay for that aggravation. There is also a good chance that they will convince their own doctor that you can return to full duties since your bike riding obviously shows that you are not as injured as you claim.

In short, you are just begging for trouble and litigation. The choice is obviously yours. i can only give you the benefit of my experience.

Park it. Jim B has given you good advice. Believe me when I say workers comp can and will have you followed and photographed if they desire. This could cost your job, health benefits, not to mention you may have to pay back the cash benefits you have already recieved.

You may work for some good people that would not hold it against you but the investigators for the workers comp insurance company are a different story. It is their job to find things to bring down the amount your injury is costing them. You may even find that riding your bike, although you may not have had a problem yet, might make your injury worse until your healed.

I know im stubborn and pig headed. lol. I am gonna stay off it for a while. Its almost winter anyways and it will be stripped for paint and chroming soon enough. Like I said, I didnt think it was a big deal, but coming from my elders, lol, i see whats being said and i have took it into careful consideration. Thanks for all the replies.

Back