free website stats program Opinions On A Bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions On A Bike

Yea, that's the one. Don't know what happened to my link. Anyway, check out the right side exhaust. Looks like it was running hot, or is this normal. I rode it. It ran fine, but I only put about 10 miles on it.

My right side exhaust runs much hotter then the left,due to the fact that most of the exhaust exits there and my fact. muffler had blued when I took it off.

I'm looking at this bike. Follow link, and look at the 2001 FLHRC Road King for $11,990.....He says I can have it for $10,990. Opinions?
http://www.smileyautomotive.com/used...rcycle,Cruiser

OK. A couple of considerations buying a bagger from the Super Glide. The bagger will ride differently than the Dyna. Although the RKs are not as top heavy as the UCs, they will still feel different than the Dyna. You may want to go test ride some locally before pulling the trigger.

The '01 will have a 5-spd tranny and the 88ci engine unless it has been up-graded. The engine will have the infamous spring-loaded cam chains tensioners unless the roller chain conversion or gear drive mods have been done. Also, I think that bike has the cartridge in the left-side fork tube. Finally, the fuel pump is in the tank with the cheap corrugated tubing and possible pin-hole leak issues at some point.

These things above are just FYIs so that you know what you may be in for should you choose this bike. I always think that you need to "lay hands" on the bike and ride it BEFORE buying no matter how good the numbers are unless you already have plans for a redo (engine rebuild/upgrade, tranny work, brakes, front-end).

OK. A couple of considerations buying a bagger from the Super Glide. The bagger will ride differently than the Dyna. Although the RKs are not as top heavy as the UCs, they will still feel different than the Dyna. You may want to go test ride some locally before pulling the trigger.

The '01 will have a 5-spd tranny and the 88ci engine unless it has been up-graded. The engine will have the infamous spring-loaded cam chains tensioners unless the roller chain conversion or gear drive mods have been done. Also, I think that bike has the cartridge in the left-side fork tube. Finally, the fuel pump is in the tank with the cheap corrugated tubing and possible pin-hole leak issues at some point.

These things above are just FYIs so that you know what you may be in for should you choose this bike. I always think that you need to "lay hands" on the bike and ride it BEFORE buying no matter how good the numbers are unless you already have plans for a redo (engine rebuild/upgrade, tranny work, brakes, front-end).

I'm with TQ here. Get a copy of the VIN and go to your local HD service center. Have them pull it up. You can get a good idea of what has been done to it if anything. While you are there you can check out the used bikes at the dealer. I don't know about the area you live in but down here the local dealer is willing to talk. I got a great deal plus HD Finance matched the intrest rate from my credit union when I financed. Not to forget you can get an extended warranty on what they sell. Anyway good luck on your decision.

nice looking scooter. Take everyone's advice and ride the bike before bargaining. NADA guide says: $8.5K low book and $10.5 high book.

Options
Fairing-Windshield Only $60 $66
Saddle Bags (Pair) $250 $269
TOTAL PRICE $8,500 $10,575

Back