free website stats program Opinions Anyone? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions Anyone?

If you get rid of current bike you will never get it back. For what it is worth, keeping it make the most sense.

If you want less heat, more power better mileage, more oil capacity with a bigger oil cooler with a built in fan, and click not clunk Go for it Also std a bigger Alternator, lower idle @850 with 32 amps out put @ idle

I am not looking back, the new engine is here to stay
The Redhead will not let me cash in my 401 to pay this off LOL
My payments did go up a bit but my warranty goes to 2023, insurance stayed the same @ $1.00 per day

Hey, When Don said he got rid of the 94' it broke MY heart! I felt guilty cause I couldn't rescue it, somehow. I still feel something inside about it when I type this.... Having said that, it would be a very tough decision for me. Not sure I could get rid of it,,, No brain er if they wouldn't give me anything for it, though.

She aint perfect but, she's mine!
You have no idea how much I have wanted to go back to that moment and take the '94 out of the mix.

I have kept my '02 FLHT, considered selling and buying new in the '10 MY but after riding a new FLHX and a FXST the decision to keep the '02 was a no brainer. Sure, some of the bells and whistles are missing from the '02 but too much blood and sweat have gone into the all bore 107" motor (124TQ/110HP), Twist Gear trans modification, converting to the later model under carriage exhaust, 18" wheels front and back, Ohlin rear shocks and front suspension upgrades and a few clean up cosmetic upgrades over the years and I just couldn't see it. The '10 models just didn't cut it.

Now, with the new M8 motor and the other upgrades, if it weren't for being the first year, I would actually consider selling the '02, taking the beating I will take and buying a 2017 FLHX but, as I have said in past posts, no beta testing for me.

I hear what the OP is saying about dealer refurbishing, etc., etc., but at the end of the day, an '07 with the baggage of being the first year of the out sourced crank which did have some issues and 140K miles will be "just another high mileage" Harley for sale and the inventory of previous year models will be increasing rapidly as the interest in the new M8 motor is catching on.

I would ride another year, wait out the beta year on the M8, see what changes come in the '18 MY and then sell the '07 and buy up. JMHO.;)

Somewhat related, I just extended the warranty on my softail for another 3 years, so I'll be riding it for another 3.:)

07 was the first year of the 6 speed. Others had many problems and terrible noises. I honestly haven't. The pressed crank spun at 30,000 and we replaced with the SE welded crank under warranty. Also compensator has been replaced twice under warranty. The last SE compensator has been in it for about 50,000 and is great. Bike has cam upgrade and true duals. Still runs strong. I took it on a 2 week trip in August and it ran like a dream. That is when I noticed it was burning a bit of oil though. 1 quart in 3,000 miles. Other than when it was new this is the first time I have had to add oil between changes. I think maybe I will just do rings and valves this winter and keep her for a little longer. Thanks for all of the responses.

SE doesn't offer a welded crank so I assume the crank has been welded by a third party. If the motor is still 96" why not bore to 103", maybe a cam upgrade depending on the current cam and have the heads loved on. Didn't say what, if any, you are using for fuel management but a few more cubic inches, some added compression, better flowing heads and I am thinking you will keep hear more than a little longer.

BTW, a quart in 3000 miles is nothing to worry about; she's just loosened up a bit.;)

My 07 has had some work done on it, all under warranty (happy that i purchased the extended warranty).
That being said...i will be keeping mine and rebuilding it if i have to. I'm just not a fan of all the electronics on the new scoots.

Back