free website stats program opinion on this exhaust modification | Harley Davidson Forums

opinion on this exhaust modification

murf

I have a '92 FXR that is slowly undergoing a metamorphosis to eventually become my butterfly. Engine is stock but has high flow air cleaner and SE ignition. I want a little more noise from the exhaust and also to change the look of the bike. Thinking of removing the stock mufflers and installing the " 1/4 " bolt through the pipe mod. ? This will retain backpressure and increase exhaust note. Any thoughts ?:unsure

I have a '92 FXR that is slowly undergoing a metamorphosis to eventually become my butterfly. Engine is stock but has high flow air cleaner and SE ignition. I want a little more noise from the exhaust and also to change the look of the bike. Thinking of removing the stock mufflers and installing the " 1/4 " bolt through the pipe mod. ? This will retain backpressure and increase exhaust note. Any thoughts ?:unsure

Exhaust splitters work good, been doing this for years, you may also try a lolli pop in the pipes, Capital Jack

What do you mean " lollipop " ?

Threaded bolt with a loop, like you would use as an anchor for a tie down, you can find all sizes @ Lowes or Home Depot, or be creative and make your own out of running thread, That works for me

Back