free website stats program Opening the fairing for the first time on Ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Opening the fairing for the first time on Ultra

You can add one or two of the bolt lights to shine down on the swithches . Since they are not back lit, it is a nice way to light them up.

check the arms they break at 90 deg bend at top mount mine it was rt side..i dont know how old your bike is,, oh its a 3 year old id check those arms...

You might want to put some sound deadener behind the speakers. Dynamat is the best stuff, but is pricy. I got a roll of foil/foam airconditioning duct insul. from H.Depot/Lowes. I stuck several pieces inside the outer fairing behind the speakers. It made my speakers sound a bit better.

Hmmm, thats a good idea! Gonna have to try that next time I tear her apart.

Sorry about the language Glider, will not happen again.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I like the sound deadner, I will have to swing by Lowe's or Home Depot for that.

Hmmm, thats a good idea! Gonna have to try that next time I tear her apart.

I originally used 3" home fiberglass insulation behind the speakers. I just taped a bunch around the back of the speakers and closed it up. It worked very good, sound was great. I worried that the insulation would hold moisture
(the fairing is open at the bottom), and corrode electrics, so I removed it, and used the thinner foam/alum duct insul. If I lived in a dry climate, I'd use the fiberglass.

Just ordered some Dynamat knock-off, DropMat. The seller does not have a lot of Ebay feedback, but the price is right and they are not too far from me to take a ride up to drop in on them is there is a problem. I opted for the thicker of the two they offer, 80 mil instead of 50 mil. Plus with 10 sq. ft., I am sure I will have enough to mess up a bit too.

Thanks again for all the feedback. Now if everything comes in, I have a busy weekend ahead.

I found a Dynamat knock-off, Dropmat, that I ordered. The seller does not have much Ebay feedback, but the price is low enough to take the chance. Plus, they are only a couple of tanks of gas away if I wanted to ride up and visit.

Looks like, if all comes in, I will have a very busy weekend.

Thanks again for the suggestions. :worthy

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful getting the connector off you headlight bulb. On my 2010 Limited I destroyed one bulb trying to get it disconnected. Pushing in on the tabs on the side of the bulb just would not let it disconnect from just one of the prongs. Took more time to get the bulb off then take the outer off and reinstall it.

Back