free website stats program Opening a window in Full | Harley Davidson Forums

Opening a window in Full

dogdad

I have the new windows 7 program and seem to be happu with it. When I opened up a shortcut on my desktop, it would open fully and cover the screen. I must have hit something wrong as when I open up a screen now it is only half a screen and I have to hit the Maximize window tab at the top to open all the way . I am familiar with the tab that lets you open sideby side and cascade and how you change that, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions? I'm sure it's something simple to fix. Thanks

You may just need to resize the window. Usually if you just hover over a corner, you will get an arrow then just click and drag. I don't use Windows much any more, but still on occasion use it. :s Hope that helps.

Hi Joy,,I have tried that already,,,spreading the screen out with the arrows, then closing. When I go and open it again,,same thing...half a screen. Thanks for trying.

If you right click on the desktop icon the context menu should appear the bottom item is properties left click on it and it should open up the icon properties
under the shortcut tab there is a dialogue box called run to the right side of the box is an arrow click on the arrow to see the various options using the normal window should open up the window as it was when you closed it using maximised should always open it maximised
Well thats how it works in xp i dont think it is changed in win7 i wont have access to a win7 pc till i get back to work on Wednesday

Brian

Dogdad...having problems with "new" Windows 7 is fairly common (even though it is a TON better than Vista) and is usually related to setup. I am having similar, but the opposite problem, but only on my gal's Notebook, which I found out is using Windows 7 Basic (LIGHT). Here the Windows are cutoff and you cannot page or scroll down beyond the view of the screen. :56:

Like you said, changing size/view does nothing, and it centers itself so you cannot drag it...very frustrating when trying to get to the bottom where the AGREE or OK push buttons you need to scroll down to. I hope to get this sorted out and get back to this post when I find an answer for yours and mine, if I don't see problem answered.:24:

I'm also new to win-7. I just right clicked a blank spot on desktop and it opens a box that may be helpful. It has graphic and centering options.

Opening a window in Full _ fixed!

I found the (my) problem. I was using Firefox as a server before and had switched to Windows Explorer for some reason. I switched back to Firefox and "presto"!! My applications all open up fully, plus right clicking on the BOTTOM toolbar, I can open a few at a time and have them side by side, or on top of each other(cascading), or return to full screen. Much better. Thanks for all the replies.

Dogdad...having problems with "new" Windows 7 is fairly common (even though it is a TON better than Vista) and is usually related to setup. I am having similar, but the opposite problem, but only on my gal's Notebook, which I found out is using Windows 7 Basic (LIGHT). Here the Windows are cutoff and you cannot page or scroll down beyond the view of the screen. :56:

Like you said, changing size/view does nothing, and it centers itself so you cannot drag it...very frustrating when trying to get to the bottom where the AGREE or OK push buttons you need to scroll down to. I hope to get this sorted out and get back to this post when I find an answer for yours and mine, if I don't see problem answered.:24:

Based on the little information presented and depending on the program(s) affected, The Machine says make sure the resolution for the screen is correct. if the doesn't seem to fix the issue u can double click on the title bar of the window and it will automatically re-size the window to full screen. After that try the trick given above.

I found the (my) problem. I was using Firefox as a server before and had switched to Windows Explorer for some reason. I switched back to Firefox and "presto"!! My applications all open up fully, plus right clicking on the BOTTOM toolbar, I can open a few at a time and have them side by side, or on top of each other(cascading), or return to full screen. Much better. Thanks for all the replies.

Fire fox is a web browser and a very good one too, The Machine AKA my son has me running this with no problems and I aint Puter smart.:s

Last edited by a moderator:
Back