free website stats program Open Mouth, Insert Boot... | Harley Davidson Forums

Open Mouth, Insert Boot...

FerrousBueller

:p We all make mistakes, The RAINY season here in Florida is about every day:p

Sounds like a good time to road test the rain gear

Brian

Sounds like a good time to road test the rain gear

Brian

Ah Brian, the Eternal Optimist! You might be the guy who would dig through a huge pile of horse manure looking for a pony!

Riding in the rain scares me! I've got rain pants stowed on the bike, just in case I have to ride home in it. Maybe it would be a good idea to go out an get a feel for it before I have to ride in the rain. That will have to wait 'till after I get new tires.

Now you got me thinking...

Cheers!

I found out the hard way that my 100% waterproof gear was not 100% waterproof while on a trip last summer but the wind and rain was extreme nothing worse than slipping into still damp clothes from the previous days rain for a another day in the rain

Brian

I found out the hard way that my 100% waterproof gear was not 100% waterproof while on a trip last summer but the wind and rain was extreme nothing worse than slipping into still damp clothes from the previous days rain for a another day in the rain

Brian

There only 100% waterproof if you leave it in the package it came with.:wall

Ah Brian, the Eternal Optimist! You might be the guy who would dig through a huge pile of horse manure looking for a pony!
. . . . . . . I've got rain pants stowed . . . . .
Now you got me thinking. Cheers!

Ha, only with Brian he would actually "find" the pony.

I've never had time to get the pants on, so I quit carrying them. Just the jacket is enough for me.

I found out the hard way that my 100% waterproof gear was not 100% waterproof while on a trip last summer but the wind and rain was extreme nothing worse than slipping into still damp clothes from the previous days rain for a another day in the rain Brian

Ah but without the rain jacket (leaky or not) I freeze in the rain. And for those soaked clothes, a friend of mine has one of those washing machine mesh bags (like you put small stuff in to keep the washer from tearing them up). He puts his damp clothes in the bag and ties it to his luggage rack. Takes about an hour of riding to dry them. Yes they are wrinkled.

I would be huntin a coil operated laundry.

We had i think 6 days of almost non stop rain and strong winds so it was a wee bit miserable although the dry gear stayed dry through it all i had to keep the dry stuff for the evenings after a hot bath or shower dry clothes and a couple of cold beers just to complete the day

Brian

So far it's only been heavy sprinkles/light rain. It would have been a good idea to go out and get some practice in the wet stuff.

Cheers!

Back