free website stats program open faced helmet for touring | Harley Davidson Forums

open faced helmet for touring

anyone have any suggestions for an open face helmet that meets DOT requirements but doesn't make you look like a mushroom head?
is there such a thing?

I tried on a XXL full face and almost ripped my ears off trying to get it off again. I would like to use the full face when it drops below 30* but it doesn't look good for me.:D

well, you've got a lot of harley knowledge stuffed up in that 106 year old noggin, glider.
i don't suffer from that problem.
alas ...

so smitty ... when you do grab that 1/2 helmet, though, does it hug your skull or do you feel like a mushroom-head with it on?
seems to me they must have invented something to protect, that meets DOT, but doesn't require so much styrofoam.
only thing i can find are "novelty" helmets, but ... not for me.

Yeah, I've been looking too and I want to get the head trip carbon fiber, looks almost like a skid lid, but it is DOT and light weight

Actually try several retailers and try on as many as possible...they all fit different and the skys the limit regarding personal taste and style. I was lucky enough to have gotten a closeout HD Carbon Fiber DOT Model for less than a HD, matched the color of my bike (Smoky Bronze), and fit like a song...I was stoked to say the least! There are deals out there, just be patient and take your time to find exactly what you want...!

Back