free website stats program Oops, help? | Harley Davidson Forums

Oops, help?

bobsled

Whoops, messed up a little on the Dobeck install. Rotated the forward injector to access the plug- forgot to rotate it back to where it was. You guys think this is a problem ( sure don't remember exactly where it was before I started)? Bike is running good, again :p.

Messed up on the tuner location also, put it under my seat, a Mustang Vintage Solo, but did not realize I put it where the seat bottom could contact the buttons :(. Sure enough, went on 200 mile ride yesterday, mixed freeway and 2 lane with a couple of Mt. passes. Got 44 mpg on the way out, but hit some bumps on the way back, bike started to run a little funky and gas mileage estimate by ECU went south. Thought maybe Tuner had died, but when I looked at it this AM, saw some of the modes were at pretty crazy settings. Guess that gives new meaning to "tuning on the fly" :p. Thankfully, good folks at Dobeck have nice tutorial with base settings on EJK website. Have 'er set right now to one down on the cruise, half up on the accel pump switch, and half down on the de-accel. Running pretty good, but still getting a pretty loud pop when letting off throttle after really gettin' on it. Maybe go down a little more on the de-accel, whada think?

I might be able to help, but only a little.

I made notes of the base settings to keep with me in case I wanted to return to them. They are stored with the EJK.

I like to tinker a little, so, I put the EJK in a place that is easy to get to:
ferrousbueller-albums-the+first+harley+that+belongs+to+me...-picture6177-1st_performance_modification_dobeck_e_j_k_gen_3_installed_in_pouch_of_tank_panel_for_ease_of_use_and_discretion.jpg

The base settings were spot on except for one, the "Decel Mode". I've turned mine Off, or at least nearly Off. I don't remember. My bike doesn't seem to need any addition of fuel on Decel. If I understand your post it sounds like you need to add a little fuel on Decel.

My only disappointment with the Dobeck unit is that it does not seem to require very much adjusting. I still putter with it a little but, the factory base settings pretty much do the job well.

Some one smarter than me will be along shortly and will be able to give you more information. Meanwhile, don't sweat the settings. I don't think you can cause any damage to your bike if the settings are incorrect.

Cheers!

I might be able to help, but only a little.

I made notes of the base settings to keep with me in case I wanted to return to them. They are stored with the EJK.

I like to tinker a little, so, I put the EJK in a place that is easy to get to:
ferrousbueller-albums-the+first+harley+that+belongs+to+me...-picture6177-1st_performance_modification_dobeck_e_j_k_gen_3_installed_in_pouch_of_tank_panel_for_ease_of_use_and_discretion.jpg

The base settings were spot on except for one, the "Decel Mode". I've turned mine Off, or at least nearly Off. I don't remember. My bike doesn't seem to need any addition of fuel on Decel. If I understand your post it sounds like you need to add a little fuel on Decel.

My only disappointment with the Dobeck unit is that it does not seem to require very much adjusting. I still putter with it a little but, the factory base settings pretty much do the job well.

Some one smarter than me will be along shortly and will be able to give you more information. Meanwhile, don't sweat the settings. I don't think you can cause any damage to your bike if the settings are incorrect.

Cheers!
That's a nice install location. I was thinking about a battery box bag for mine- lot of Dyna's with 'em. But like you said, can't see messin with the settings enough to justify it; do like ability to change 'em if I want to change mufflers or lean her out a bit for better MPG on an extended run . EJK website has the base settings for different applications, as well as a useful interactive tutorial. Only thing I noticed is instead of yellow LEDs, mine are Orange. I'm going to turn the de-accel mode some and see if I can get rid of the pop.

Double check where the Green/Blue setting. It may be at 2 if the setting is at 2 lower it down all the way. If the setting is already as low as it will go then try to raise it up a bit like you were going to do. If you start raising the mode up and you are still getting a pop then try to raise the yellow(orange) mode up a bit.

We illuminate Green and Red to make yellow. So to some people it may look amber or orange. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Double check where the Green/Blue setting. It may be at 2 if the setting is at 2 lower it down all the way. If the setting is already as low as it will go then try to raise it up a bit like you were going to do. If you start raising the mode up and you are still getting a pop then try to raise the yellow(orange) mode up a bit.

We illuminate Green and Red to make yellow. So to some people it may look amber or orange. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thanks. I've turned the green/blue all the way down and restored all the other modes to base settings unit came with- so far so good, bike is running great :D. No more big pop, just a couple of little ones. I'll run it like this for a bit before I try any other adjustments. (guess I might be a little color vision impaired :s).

Back