Ooops I'm seetin' off car / bike alarms!!

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by okbikerdad, Mar 20, 2009.

1. okbikerdad

okbikerdad Member

Just realized those loud noises I hear where I park my 06 sporty are several car alarms and a bike alarm going off!!! LOL:bigsmiley20:

2. jd4300

jd4300 Member

i am sad to say I enjoy doing that to people that have dogs that bark at night when i am trying to sleep, makes me happy i wake up hours before them

3. Stovebolt

Stovebolt Member

One of the best things about loud pipes.

4. okbikerdad

okbikerdad Member

Once I had decided to get a Sporty the next decision was LOUD pipes. The bike already had dual shorty's on it that sound like a Harley should. (As far as I'm concerned of course) There were several bikes in my price range to choose from, the one I picked has lots of the stuff I would've had to add later on anyway. Next spring we plan to add a 2 up seat, sissy bar and pegs so my wife can go riding with me...

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Well I for one like my loud booming Sporty w/ drag pipes, just did not like the higher pitched "metallic ring" so I put in short baffles...for $15 pr and now no more ring, still have the booming note AND do not set off car alarms down the block...everyone wins! :D

6. jloomis19

jloomis19 Active Member

Lol, Ive set a few off too, I love the Screamin Eagle 2 pipes Ive got on mine, but would love to upgrade to something louder like some Short Shots or something from V&H, but the gf says the bikes loud enough since I removed the baffles from the SE2's, haha.

7. DDogg

DDogg Junior Member

I also have neighbors that sleep all day and then around 10 or so, they come out with their boom boxes and loud mouths. Well, did a Stage One on my FatBob and went with 3" KromeWerks slip-ons. Now I get up at 4:00am to be to work at 5:30. I wheel the bike out to the street, in front of their house and let her warm up. I've seen the lights go on in their house a couple times now. Pay back's a B. Oh, and for car alarms, I now go left instead of right down my street. Going right there are two cars I've set off. Don't want the whole neigborhood mad at me.

8. Stovebolt

Stovebolt Member

Tee, hee, heee! :bigsmiley24::bigsmiley24:

9. fredm1130

fredm1130 Member

I just lmao when it happens

10. Tommy LT

Tommy LT Active Member

I think it's cool! My true dual V&H bigshots will set them off as well. If you're gonna ride, my as well rumble...