free website stats program Online Trading Assistants | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Online Trading Assistants

Thanks for the input from all you members - I do believe that it is a big scam and nothing more - if you're going to lie you should at least be some what good at it, and this guy is not - in his ad he says the bike has 1200 miles on it then when he replied on his e-mail it suddenly has 4500 miles on it - I asked what dealer did he buy the bike from, he came up with some story about how how bought it from the bank with 400 miles on it - I asked for a phone number to be able to talk to him and suddenly like majic he hasn't responded - like the old saying goes - IF IT LOOKS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE....
thanks - FXRS

Too many ripoffs out there to take a chance. Don't let your desire for this bike get in the way of your smarts (and gut feeling). Look for another bike.

Hey, I cant speak of O.T.A. but my friend wanted to buy a beautiful bike advertised on Craigslist for a better than most price. The seller was a Card dealer on a cruise ship...not available...phone didn't work...blah blah blah.
But !!! the bike was in Philly all ready to be shipped for inspection and so on.
After trying to get more info thru the sellers e-mail .... NOTHING. No add, no reponse. As if they moved on to find another sucker. Instead of waisting time checking them out...look for other bikes. Somewhere there's a bike just for you and the seller would love to deal with you. JMO
Good luck SC

New Pa. law requires online trading assistants to be licensed, bonded and insured.
Ask if his are? Might get him thinking about not using them.

Seems to me they try to get the highest price for their customers, then both parties involed make more (seller get principle and OTA gets commision).

Tell the owner you want to deal with him. Give him the "win-win" line. He will make more money because he won't have to pay commision.

Back