free website stats program One step closer........ | Harley Davidson Forums

One step closer........

bluefilhd

Well it's been 10 months and two surgeries since I was hit by a red light runner and this last week the doctor gave me the ok to start putting weight on my leg and start walking. My lower left leg was shattered into about 15 peices and had to be plated and screwed back together. Walking is one step closer to riding again. I was hit on my Dad's 100th Aniversary Ultra so my Deluxe has been in the garage and waiting for me all this time and I can't wait to get back in the saddle. Dad on the other hand is calling it quits; he fears that he may not heal as well or easily (not that its been easy) if it is him that's hit next time. Kinda makes me sad but I certainly understand. So in a few more months y'all can look for me on the road again! Ride safe.
WAP.gif

All I can say is therapy therapy therapy. Continued success with rehabilitation and hope your riding soon..... Glad you kept the Deluxe...

Glad you are healing up. Stick to the therapy and throw some slow squats and short distance hill walks into it to speed it up. Can't say as I blame your dad after watching what his son went through, once the confidence is gone, so is the ride. All our best wishes and welcome back.

Soon therapy-therapy will be potato-potato!!! Heal fast and ride safe!!!
Wishing You Well!!!
wilks3
:USA

Wishing you the best on your road to recovery, keep us posted on the good days and the hard days, we are here for ya to celebrate and support.
I like that potato, potato, potato, good one wilks3

I had a 6 month period when i was 18 where i couldn't walk after a motorcycle accident with a car once walking again it took a while to build up the muscles and get the joints moving right
At that time i was in the Army and had good support from the physical training instructors and all their facilities and was pronounced suitable for active duty 11 months after accident
I was young in good condition to start with and had all the support i could have needed and it still took a while
So keep working on it and you will get to the point that you do most stuff you used to

Brian

Wish you all the best!
Watch out for the crazy drivers on the road.
I have a friend just got into accident too recently. His leg was broken.

Ride Safe!

Good luck with your continued recovery. Get back on the road soon.

Bodeen

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. I hope you make a 100% recovery. I also hope the time passes by quickly until you are able to ride again.
Having just gone through an accident myself this really hits home. What is driving me nuts is, the doc still won't let me ride, but the bike is not done anyway so all this pretty riding weather is passing me by.
Hope you are back in the saddle soon..good luck!

Keep that positive attitude, listen to the people trying to help. Your mind is the most powerful tool and will speed your recovery. Let us know how your doing (your good and bad days) we are all here for you.

Back