free website stats program One side turn signal not blinking | Harley Davidson Forums

One side turn signal not blinking

ADragon

I have a 1992 Dyna FXDB, the alternator plug kept popping out and the battery was drained down to the point that the turn signals stopped working. I brought a retaining clip from JP Cycle to make sure that the alternator plug from popping out. However, after the battery was charged back up, only one side signal worked. The other side running light would stayed on but when I activated the turn signal, it would not blink. Can anyone one help me pin point what the problem is so I can get the right part to make the repair. I have checked the signal switch already and it works and I am running out of thing to check.
Thank you in advance.

front bulb has 2 filaments a low wattage one for running lights and a high wattage one for the indicator so just because it is on for running lights does not mean it is good

Brian

Thanks for the information, I will do a swap of the good side with the bad and see if it would tell me more.

As it turned out, it was the turn signal canceller. One side just would not blink. After over $200 for a new canceller from the local HD dealer, everything is fine now.

Back