free website stats program Once again asking the best for help :D | Harley Davidson Forums

Once again asking the best for help :D

OK folks. before i break down and buy a harley manual I just was to ask ya for some info ( hoping you can help) . I got my front barrel off due to a trashed valve. head is at the shop beong done atm. Did a quick search for torque specs but didnt see what im after and since there is so much information on this site thogh this way might be quicker. So if someone can send me a link to or can tell me what the torque specs are i would greatly appreciate it . I have a 2001 Harley fatboy , need the specs for the top end to put her back together . If not I will grab myself a manual ( was planning on getting one eventually anyways) . Thanx for spending the time to read this post and happy motoring folks

Maybe someone with a manual for your year will help by giving the torque sequence and values for the first sequence and the values for the second sequence and if your head bolts get the final 90* turn.

here's hopin :)

I PMed ? and Link to Breeze3at and also JACK will/might know,,, if he quits having fun running around on a cycle and gets back here to answer these tough Older type Bike questions...

I'm Not saying Jack is OLD but glider and HDDon once said he was Older than Dirt..:newsmile07:

Now I think Jack of all people will have the specks as I could Only guess at them :newsmile091:

signed....BUBBIE

if he quits having fun running around on a cycle and gets back here to answer these tough Older type Bike questions...

signed....BUBBIE

Bike for OP is a 2001 Fatboy, not the '75 shovel. Just FYI.

==================================================

Sorry Mods. Timed out before I got back to message.
OP. This should help.

Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike for OP is a 2001 Fatboy, not the '75 shovel. Just FYI.

==================================================

Sorry Mods. Timed out before I got back to message.
OP. This should help.

Harley Davidson Community

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
You youngsters see all....
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
Man what did i see,, 2001 is simple

Front Head..
Noting to start at rear of spark plug hole is #1

Spark plug rear bolt #1 .....spark plug forward bolt #2...... head bolt rear (back) #3 .....head bolt forward (front) #4

tighten to Finget tight.... then ...84-108 inch lbs using the torque 1 thru 4...

then each to 144-168 inch lbs.....

then mark each head bolt and turn 90* for the final torque.... No More and NO Less... Every time using the torque pattern I gave you at the start... 1,2,3,4.

MAN,,,, I MUST be sniffing the redline oil Sorry I swore I saw shovelhead motor...

signed....BUBBIE

Just finishing up top-end rebuild (9:1 Wiseco pistons, .30 over, valves/guides/seals, and rebuilt rockers.) Always had problem getting anything but a 9/16 boxed-end wrench on the head bolts. I saw that I could order a torque wrench extension online, for about $30, but I made my own. Pretty proud of this tool! Of course, seeing that I cut up a SnapOn wrench and a cheap crow's foot to make it, it probably cost MORE than $30 in materials! (I inherited the wrenches, so it really didn't cost me anything.)

I saw a page online that allowed me to adjust my torque wrench settings to account for the extension.
529575_3801187341086_2075798483_n.jpg

Back