free website stats program Older Than Dirt Quiz | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Older Than Dirt Quiz

According to this I'm 'getting older' and on the edge of 'don't tell your age'. Are the blue flash bulbs those rectangular things that snapped into the top of a camera and had like 8 or 10 flashes before they were discarded? If so, I can't tell my age. :(

perfect score for me .what about stay home from school on wash day and chicken killing day to pack water out from under the hill.what about older and poorer than dirt. lol

According to this I'm 'getting older' and on the edge of 'don't tell your age'. Are the blue flash bulbs those rectangular things that snapped into the top of a camera and had like 8 or 10 flashes before they were discarded? If so, I can't tell my age. :(

The single blue flashbulb that screwed into a chrome reflector that had "D" size flashlight batteries to fire them...! The blue was a reminder that they were a specialty bulb that would not explode when you flashed them and good only that one time. Not that being older than dirt means you can't "know" this stuff working on my dads old camera...! :small3d029:

My Dad was the home delivery milkman that drove the funny looking white truck.
Blocks of ice sliding around in the back to keep the milk cool. Left it in insulated boxes on doorsteps. Odd thing, we lived on a small dairy farm (Grampa's) and sold the milk to a different dairy.

I remember them all including the bonus points. those were very special years. I mention some of the things to my grand kids and they look at me like I'm from a different planet. [may be i am]

My Dad was the home delivery milkman that drove the funny looking white truck.
Blocks of ice sliding around in the back to keep the milk cool. Left it in insulated boxes on doorsteps. Odd thing, we lived on a small dairy farm (Grampa's) and sold the milk to a different dairy.

That funny looking truck was probably a DIVCO. I drove one. Had a throttle on the shift lever, another one on the dash board along with the one on the floor. When I was being taught to drive them, the guy said on a straight street, you can pull the throttle knob on the dashboard to set the truck moving along at a slow pace and then run to the house and set the milk. I never did that....just couldn't picture me explaining how I let my truck run over something or someone. Long time ago.

That funny looking truck was probably a DIVCO. I drove one. Had a throttle on the shift lever, another one on the dash board along with the one on the floor. When I was being taught to drive them, the guy said on a straight street, you can pull the throttle knob on the dashboard to set the truck moving along at a slow pace and then run to the house and set the milk. I never did that....just couldn't picture me explaining how I let my truck run over something or someone. Long time ago.

Yea, it was a Divco. I remember he could fold/push the seat back, and drive the thing standing up. I saw a show on TV about Divco trucks. My dad's buddy drove the bread truck that made home deliveries. I wonder what kind of $$ they made (comparatively) to todays jobs. Dad also worked the farm with Grandpa full time.

Back