free website stats program Oldbill has a Harley | Harley Davidson Forums

Oldbill has a Harley

oldbill

In 1964, I went into the Harley Dealer on Cheshirebridge Road in Atlanta. The three of us (teens on a Saturday trip making the motorcycle shop rounds) walked over to look at a new, gold Electro Glide. There were maybe fifteen new motorcycles on the floor, but this was the only one without a 2' X 3' aluminum cookie sheet under it. I remember asking like yesterday, "Have they finally got these things where they don't leak?" The owner became somewhat confrontational, "You (EDIT) , get the (EDIT) out of here! We haven't put in oil in it yet!"

Friday, April 30, I walked into a Harley dealer for the first time since that day. On Saturday I bought a new 883 Sportster. I was impressed with the change in Harley Davidsons over the past 48 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Have they finally got these things where they don't leak?" "We haven't put in oil in it yet!"

:newsmile100:

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride. :cheers

Make sure you check out the rules on language, especially on work arounds.

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to review the forum rules in the link below and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Community

............................................................................................................

Back