free website stats program OLD Wheels | Harley Davidson Forums

OLD Wheels

92Hoger

I have a 92 E Glide. The aluminum wheels are getting dull looking. Any suggestions on a good product to clean them up? I would like to get them bright again like new while I have the wheels off the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you type a bit bigger so I can read it from outside? :lolrolling

Try some nevrdull polish or flitz available in any auto store.

Could you type a bit bigger so I can read it from outside? :lolrolling

Try some nevrdull polish or flitz available in any auto store.
I had the same problem and i just used mothers aluminum polish and you can lay it on thick , if it gets too heavey the neverdull takes it off , neverdull is very usefull but it doesnt work for me as good as Mothers polish for aluminum wheels or like glider said flitz is also very good

Aren't the aluminum wheels coated? Will any of the said products remove the coating? Just wondering. It seems that alot of "wheel cleaners" seem to always point out that they are safe for coated aluminum wheels.

Bodeen

Honestly don't think they are coated. If you try some nevrdull in a spot and the cotton wadding turns black from the aluminum,. they aren't coated. Clear coated wheels will not turn the wadding black.

Thanks for all the info. The reason I type so big is because I cant see the keys on my computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a '92 Dyna, and the wheels are not coated. Neverdull, Mothers, Flitz, and a good amount of rubbin' will make them shine. Mine look nearly as good as chrome.

I've been using Mother's since 1974 and haven't found anything that will beat it. Another thing to note: I had a custom 72 shovel and had the the lower legs bead blasted and polished. I had a friend at that time who owned a custom shop and he gave me a spray can of non yellowing clearcoat to spray them. I can't remember the name of it but it worked great.

Back