free website stats program Old tires - not a happy camper! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Old tires - not a happy camper!

TQ - you also may want to consider "Ronayers" on the internet. I told them about what you said - would not accept 'old' tires and they said they would not send old tires - I got tires - Frt and Rear made within the past 4 months. Good experience with them - however, I also have a Cycle Gear near and I will most certainly check them out next time.

Bill

That what I like about Cycle Gear. You can see the tires and they match the price. Usally the matched price is more than enough to cover the sale taxes. So its a win win situation. Plus they charge $20.00 per wheel carry in plus valve stem....

TQ - I wrote them an email yesterday and this is how they responded to it. I stated what you had told us about the age and restocking of the tire.

Hello Ross,

Thanks for writing into us here at BikeBandit.com! I would say that infromation should not be taken as credible fact. We never charge a restocking fee for aftermarket items as stated in our policies for returns. We also get our tires shipped in frieght on pallets factory fresh on a daily basis, I am speaking from personal of working in warehouse side of the company for four years. Tires don't even last long enough in our inventory to be housed that long due to us having very inexpensive and competative tire prices, not to mention some of the fastest ship times in the industry. Unfortunately forums are open to just about anyone and their opinions you cannot always take what is read in forums with full credibility. All I can tell you is what I know from four years of experience that we do offer. If you have any further questions or needs just give us a "click" here at BikeBandit.com!

Here at BikeBandit.com, we strive to provide the best customer support possible. We hope that this response has answered your question(s) completely. If this response was unable to help you or you need further assistance, we have 2 great support options to serve you.

WOW. The first part of this response to you sort of puts the second part in question. Not credible fact. Hmmm. Let me lay it out for you guys and see what you think.

Up above in post #11, I said this:

"Well, not at this rate. I just got an email from BikeBandit.com indicating that they were also going to charge me a 20% restocking fee plus I have to pay to ship the tires back to them (that was probably in all the stuff I breezed by when I ordered). This is after calling them BEFORE I ordered the tires indicating that I did not want a tire that was over one year old when I received it. They told me that these tires were such high volume movers that I would get a recently manufactured tire. Three years? That is not recent.

I need to call them back to find out what they are actually going to do for me or not. Will keep you informed."

I was reacting to this email that BikeBandit sent to me, and if the stuff I received from them was not OEM stuff, why would they send me this information?:

"Hello Trevor,

Your BikeBandit.com return request has been approved. This approval is based upon the information provided to BikeBandit.com at the time of the Return Request and all items are still subject to inspection upon being received. If you would like to return a part that you no longer need or have ordered in error, please follow the return instructions included in your package. Use your order number as the Return Authorization Number (RAN) or, you can make a copy of your invoice and place it inside the package. Please ship your order to:

BikeBandit.com Returns
7625 Panasonic way,
San Diego, CA 92154

BikeBandit.com is unable to accept items returned more than 15 days after they were delivered to you. Returns will only be accepted if they are in new, unused condition and in the undamaged original manufacturers packaging (Packaging with writing, marking, shipping labels, or excessive tape on it cannot be accepted). In addition, returns of OEM electrical parts cannot be accepted.

Once your return is received, our Returns Dept. will inspect the merchandise & packaging. If your return is accepted, BikeBandit.com will credit your card for the merchandise value minus restocking fees. Restocking fees are equal to 20% of the value of the OEM merchandise returned. However, OEM apparel is an exception. This credit will appear in your account in 7-10 business days.
Jerome
One Call Resolution
www.BikeBandit.com"

How would you interpret that last paragraph?

Anyway, they send me a separate email indicating that the parts I had ordered were not OEM, and so were not subject to the restocking fee as I said in my post above (#26).

But now, on to the issue of it being not credible that I would have received a tire that was that old because they have such a high turnover. Pictures are worth a thousand words. Check out below. First two are the rear tire. The second two are the front (and that is a great date!). And to be completely credible, I have to point out that my first post was in error when I said that the mfg. date for the rear tire was 1109. As you can see in the pix, it was actually 1909 or about 8 weeks later. Still makes it about a 2 1/2 year old tire. Maybe it was hidden under the stairs or somewhere until my order came along!!

TQ

Attachments

• 2-Night Dragon from BB-rear-2.jpg
    2-Night Dragon from BB-rear-2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 3-Night Dragon from BB-rear-3.jpg
    3-Night Dragon from BB-rear-3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 4-Night Dragon from BB-front-2.jpg
    4-Night Dragon from BB-front-2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 5-Night Dragon from BB-front-1.jpg
    5-Night Dragon from BB-front-1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I ordered a new pair of Dunlop Elite 3's from M.Superstore Monday, and they arrived Wed. (how do they do that?). I got a MU90 and a MT90 for $143/$124 to the door. Dates made were 3011 (Aug.) and 3811 (Sep.). Not as fresh as the D402 I got last time, but good enough for me. $60 mounting/balance/new valve cores/old tire disposal, and I'm good to go for $327.

I got a less than year old front Avon Venom for the Road King from my indie for $155. Mounted balanced and out the door.

Well here is the update. I went to Cycle Gear as suggested above. They matched the MSS pricing. Additionally, their pricing for mounting and balancing is $20 if tires purchased through them, $30 otherwise. New valve stems (shorties). So my roll out with tax included is just over $300 ($301.92). If I had bought through MSS my total cost was around $295. AND, the guy at Cycle Gear knows that I will not accept tires over 1 year old and has agreed to get me younger tires.

So there ya go.

TQ

Well here is the update. I went to Cycle Gear as suggested above. They matched the MSS pricing. Additionally, their pricing for mounting and balancing is $20 if tires purchased through them, $30 otherwise. New valve stems (shorties). So my roll out with tax included is just over $300 ($301.92). If I had bought through MSS my total cost was around $295. AND, the guy at Cycle Gear knows that I will not accept tires over 1 year old and has agreed to get me younger tires.

So there ya go.

TQ

Way to go TQ, yea I like Cycle Gear! Really happy all turned out well for you in the end!

So there ya go.

TQ

Good for you TQ!!! Glad it worked out.:s

Back