free website stats program Old tires - not a happy camper! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Old tires - not a happy camper!

I am wondering if you gave them specific instructions and they didn't follow them why you would get charged?

Rubyred - reread the first post of this thread. TQ told them his personal policy on accepting tires and asked if they would check the date before shipping. They specifically said they do NOT do that. TQ went ahead and ordered the tires, taking a chance on the manufacture date. Personally, I don't see any obligation on the company's part to pay for any of the return fees since they explained their policy upfront. Unfortunate but this is one of the chances you take when you shop and buy online - product is usually paid before before it's in your hands. This is one of those situations where if one factor is so overwhelmingly important to you, you should only buy from a store where you get to see and touch your item before paying.

Dr. D - I don't want to be confrontational and I am surprised you responded the way you did to my post. I reread the post and TQ stated he would not accept the tires if they did not meet his criteria. What we don't know is what bikebandit told him when he said this.

Well it is getting close to time to change out my tires. I want to try the Pirelli Night Dragons. I have been buying my tires from The Motorcycle Superstore because they used to put me on hold while the CSR called the warehouse and got the mfg. date of the tire(s) they were going to send me. When I called this time, they have grown "too big" to do that anymore since the tire warehouse is located somewhere else (no telephones I guess). Anyway, because they were not offering me something that differentiated them from the competition, I decided to try Bike Bandit instead. They were cheaper for both the front and rear tires. So I called them to see it they could put me on hold and check the tire mfg. date. No, they do not do that.

OK. So I told the guy that I do not accept tires that are more than a year old when they get to my house. I said I would reject the shipment if that was the case.

TQ

Dr. D - I don't want to be confrontational and I am surprised you responded the way you did to my post. I reread the post and TQ stated he would not accept the tires if they did not meet his criteria. What we don't know is what bikebandit told him when he said this.

I didn't think you were being confrontational. Just thought you misunderstood the situation. Don't know what surprised you about my response?

TQ stated his personal policy. Bike Bandit told him theirs. TQ ordered the tires anyway. Why is the onus 100% on Bike Bandit to now pay for the tires to be returned and restocked? I don't know any online retailer who operates this way and stays in business for long. Like I said, we often leap at the chance to save $$$ by purchasing stuff online but there are some pitfalls, and this is one of them.

Food for thought, Michellin has sent out a memo stating tire shelf life in a controlled environment can be up to 6 years, do I agree with that NOPE but I bet other tire manufacturers follow, and we do have a restocking fee on on line orders as the DR stated most on line retailers do JMO

As Jack said, but the key is controlled conditions, obviously cool, dark environment may be best as rubber is an organic substance, but refined with petroleum based materials as well as man made substances. As with plastics, tires also outgas and dry out...don't necessarily agree with 5 years, but that is why I would buy from a retailer that has large turnaround. MSS would likely be very good...BB not so much because they do not advertise nearly as much regarding tires. TQ good luck with finding suitable replacement tires.

Well Folks, I got an email from BikeBandit indicating that the parts I had bought were not OEM parts, and therefore were NOT subject to any restocking fees.

Thank everyone for any messages you sent them.

TQ

TQ - I wrote them an email yesterday and this is how they responded to it. I stated what you had told us about the age and restocking of the tire.

Hello Ross,

Thanks for writing into us here at BikeBandit.com! I would say that infromation should not be taken as credible fact. We never charge a restocking fee for aftermarket items as stated in our policies for returns. We also get our tires shipped in frieght on pallets factory fresh on a daily basis, I am speaking from personal of working in warehouse side of the company for four years. Tires don't even last long enough in our inventory to be housed that long due to us having very inexpensive and competative tire prices, not to mention some of the fastest ship times in the industry. Unfortunately forums are open to just about anyone and their opinions you cannot always take what is read in forums with full credibility. All I can tell you is what I know from four years of experience that we do offer. If you have any further questions or needs just give us a "click" here at BikeBandit.com!

Here at BikeBandit.com, we strive to provide the best customer support possible. We hope that this response has answered your question(s) completely. If this response was unable to help you or you need further assistance, we have 2 great support options to serve you.

Last edited:
TQ - I wrote them an email yesterday and this is how they responded to it. I stated what you had told us about the age and restocking of the tire.

Hello Ross,

Thanks for writing into us here at BikeBandit.com! I would say that infromation should not be taken as credible fact. We never charge a restocking fee for aftermarket items as stated in our policies for returns. We also get our tires shipped in frieght on pallets factory fresh on a daily basis, I am speaking from personal of working in warehouse side of the company for four years. Tires don't even last long enough in our inventory to be housed that long due to us having very inexpensive and competative tire prices, not to mention some of the fastest ship times in the industry. Unfortunately forums are open to just about anyone and their opinions you cannot always take what is read in forums with full credibility. All I can tell you is what I know from four years of experience that we do offer. If you have any further questions or needs just give us a "click" here at BikeBandit.com!

Here at BikeBandit.com, we strive to provide the best customer support possible. We hope that this response has answered your question(s) completely. If this response was unable to help you or you need further assistance, we have 2 great support options to serve you.

WHAT!!! Sounds to me like they are calling TQ a liar! I am officially done doing business with Bike Bandit....That is rediculous

TQ - you also may want to consider "Ronayers" on the internet. I told them about what you said - would not accept 'old' tires and they said they would not send old tires - I got tires - Frt and Rear made within the past 4 months. Good experience with them - however, I also have a Cycle Gear near and I will most certainly check them out next time.

Bill

Back