free website stats program old school bags | Harley Davidson Forums

old school bags

anyone know anything about hard fiberglass saddlebags for sportster on late 60's, early 70's???? any info would be appreciated...

anyone know anything about hard fiberglass saddlebags for sportster on late 60's, early 70's???? any info would be appreciated...

What kind of info. you lookin' for hoss --- How to repair , wanting to buy , hangers , hardware ???????

That was the XLH model Sportster, I believe it was somewhere near 1963 or 64 when they came out with that issue. It had those bulgy fiberglass bags, a hooded headlight, a fuller front fender and that “turtle” looking fuel tank. If memory serves, it was about 68 when they hung an electric starter on it.

If you were planning on just hanging those bags off a newer frame, I doubt they will bolt up, it will take some work to get them on. I believe for the effort in finding some and all the rigging you might be better served in just buying some newer glass bags. However, if you are restoring one, keep your eye on e-bay, and check a couple of the after market suppliers, I see one of them has a Vintage section for Harleys.

There is pleanty of information on the web, and pictures too.

Back