free website stats program Old people in cages | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Old people in cages

Pick your poison as far bad drivers go. Although I will say the few times I'vs almost been hit has been by the "elderly".

I think what would have kept this thread more on context (and probably what FatBrian wishes he had said differently) would be to extract the term -old people- and insert the term -feeble people-. There are some people that are too physically and mentally feeble to be driving. But usually (as was the case with my mother) a doctor will revoke their drivers license (assuming they have family and are under doctor's care).

But as the replies have shown there are many other dangers besides the few feeble people that we all have seen. In Florida there are some lawyer's pushing for outlawing texting while driving. Which I don't have a problem with than since they have produced studies that texting behind the wheel causes more accidents than drunk drivers. But I don't see how they will enforce it unless they ban cell phone use in a vehicle all together.

HMMMM, look at the average age of us here we are not bad drivers or riders IMO because we ride we are more aware and see more people taking or making bad decisions . We have to help reeducate when we can and ride like no one sees us and ALWAYS look for an escape route The life you save may be yours JMO

I think what would have kept this thread more on context (and probably what FatBrian wishes he had said differently) would be to extract the term -old people- and insert the term -feeble people-. There are some people that are too physically and mentally feeble to be driving. But usually (as was the case with my mother) a doctor will revoke their drivers license (assuming they have family and are under doctor's care).

But as the replies have shown there are many other dangers besides the few feeble people that we all have seen. In Florida there are some lawyer's pushing for outlawing texting while driving. Which I don't have a problem with than since they have produced studies that texting behind the wheel causes more accidents than drunk drivers. But I don't see how they will enforce it unless they ban cell phone use in a vehicle all together.

Agree completely. I may be there someday as well and hopefully I have enough wits to hang up the keys. My Grandmother is in her late 70s and chooses not to drive. Lets face it, we age our reaction time decreases and thing don't work like they use to. On the other hand there are many distractions when driving and types of bad drivers. Some are more common depending where you live. I'm guilty too. Phone rings I answer it and if I have a sandwich I eat it.

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"
George Carlin

:small3d031:

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"
George Carlin

:small3d031:

Thanks Mainah, ol George was quite astute at seeing the human condition. I would guess that anyone behind the wheel feels that they are a good driver, and everyone else doesn't know what they are doing. Shiny side up rubber side down. Drive like they can't see you!!!

An example of what's out there:(. By the way, there are bad drivers at every age group.

From The Winnipeg Sun April 18, 2011:
Police in Kitchener, Ont., say officers arrested a woman Sunday who was driving while only partially dressed and with a pet bird flying loose in her car.

At 3:16 p.m., Waterloo Regional Police said the 58-year-old woman was driving down a street while continuously blowing her horn. Concerned for the driver's well-being, police tried to pull the car over. But police say the car didn't stop and hit a city bus and then another vehicle before officers were able to arrest the driver.

No one was injured. Police said the driver wasn't going at an excessive speed and alcohol wasn't a factor.

The driver was taken to hospital for assessment.

Humane society officials caught the bird and are now caring for it.

Kitchener is located 125 km west of Toronto

Back