free website stats program Old dog needs bluetooth | Harley Davidson Forums

Old dog needs bluetooth

Mike2

I have a 98 Ultra classic and thought that I might upgrade to a blue tooth system. I would like to incorporate the phone, stereo, cb and intercom at the same time. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks:D

Why not helmet with a blue tooth gizmo attached...... Are you sure you really want the distraction??????????????:s

I'm an Old Dog also, don't have a clue other than upgrading your radio.
Just give me a set of POINTS, I'll be happy.
Anyways
Welcome from So. Texas
tourbox

I have a 98 Ultra classic and thought that I might upgrade to a blue tooth system. I would like to incorporate the phone, stereo, cb and intercom at the same time. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks:D
Nothing better than the Sena SMH10 - my wife and I have used his for almost 2 years and it keeps getting better. Great intercom with lots of range, great BT compatibility with other devices and the company updates the firmware whenever needed for free as a download.

J&M makes a Bluetooth dongle for use with the Harmon-Kardon radio, but I'm not sure if they offer anything for a system that old other than a Bluetooth headset.

In 2006 Harley came out with a unit that mounted in the tourpak that would allow you to link your Bluetooth cell phone to the Harmon Kardon Advanced Audio System. It only lasted for a couple years and then it was obsoleted and you cannot find one anywhere. I had one on my 07. Worked great. You still used the corded helmet headset though. I asked a similar question to what you are asking in the electronics section about a year or two ago.

J&M Audio has come out with something similar.
CFBR-HRUC Product Information
and it seems to do the trick. Still uses the driver's CORDED helmet headset, though. I know of none that allow you to connect a bluetooth helmet headset wirelessly to the Harley radio and have all the functionality of the radio while eliminating the cord.

Personally, I am not going to throw $600+ bucks for the capability to make hands free calls on my cell while riding.

Talking of Bluetooth, do HD motorclothes supply a helmet with Bluetooth? Or do you know a manufacturer that produces lightweight helmets fitted with it?
Any info would be appreciated before I splash out on a new helmet.

Talking of Bluetooth, do HD motorclothes supply a helmet with Bluetooth? Or do you know a manufacturer that produces lightweight helmets fitted with it?
Any info would be appreciated before I splash out on a new helmet.

This is what i have it is paired to the wife's helmet however at higher speeds wind noise drown out any conversation but ok up to about 60 it can be paired to phone ipod etc but who wants to answer phone when on bike
Viper RS-V131 Bluetooth 4 Motorcycle Helmet - Motorcycle Helmets - Ghostbikes.com

Brian

I don't know if I would get a helmet with the bluetooth "built in". Harley has a modular helmet (made by HJC and available for about $50 cheaper without the HD graphics through leatherup.com) that is "Ready for Bluetooth Communications: Built in recesses for the ChatterBox XBi2-H and speakers." At least that way if the bluetooth unit goes south, you aren't stuck with a very expensive polycarbonate doorstop. I don't know if this headset will pair with the new 2014 Boom! Audio setup though. Either way, keep in mind that you have to plug these things and recharge them.

Back