ok so i was busy..now i am not

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by lorne, May 23, 2015.

1. lorne

lorne Senior Member

so in the last while i have not been as active as i use to be... well work got the best of me so now i have been forced into semi retirement.. no big deal i need the break anyway...So now i am full time on Margarita Island and hope to enjoy all i can while i can.

i still have my Roadking in Texas and with luck with beable to make a few good rides a year but that will depend on work when and if i get any. i have no plans of selling it. down here i have my 77 FXS and should have the papers done very soon. then i will be on the road.

well now i have some more time so i will be on more doing what i do best...Sorry Jack

2. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

lorne,

Good to hear from you. Now you have time to relax a little.:D Will be looking forward to see grillin' and chillin' pics

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Retirement aint so bad, there is always housework:p

4. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Been retired for 10 years now and it seems like yesterday. Just remember, every night is a friday night and every day is saturday.:D

5. lorne

lorne Senior Member

got a maid...make life even better

YUP i like that part

6. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Enjoy your semi retirement and life on the island Lorne.

7. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

We have had a wee bit of a down turn at work and boss reduced my hours and after a wee bit of negotiation I have been working a 4 day week since end jan I have fri sat and sun off
    I class myself as semi retired I do not know how I managed to get everything done outside work without the extra time however I have tackled some jobs that were needing done for a while
    We will have a puppy arriving in a few weeks and that will liven up things around here (dog got the opportunity to assist to make puppies and did a fine job of it)
    Enjoy your semi retirement as we mature we slow down and we need more personal time to do personal stuff

Brian

8. Stevecracker

Stevecracker Member

Well said, Brian. I have been exploring the joys of personal time for the last year.

It is very satisfying!

Steve

9. lorne

lorne Senior Member

yes Brian...as a friend of mine put it..."you have to have a reason to wake up in the morning" but i must admit sometimes my reason to get up is to go to the beach drink cold beer and watch the eye candy....i think that is a good enough reason some days
    :D

10. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I get up earlier on Friday and Saturday than I do the rest of the week I do not know why it just happens that way but I usually have a plan for the day and I tend to be a harder taskmaster than my boss is so I work harder for me than for the paying job

Brian