free website stats program OK New Problem, but fixed already, Just another heads up. | Harley Davidson Forums

OK New Problem, but fixed already, Just another heads up.

Slapp

The lovely Mrs. Slapp's Heritage (again) went on the blink. Riding this past weekend and a red light on the speedo came on and then the bike just shut down right in the middle of the road. I pulled to side of the road, jumped off my bike and pushed her to the side of the road out of traffic. After several attempts to start bike it finally fires back up. We head back to the house and according to wife the red light keeps coming on and off. According to manual the light is for the security (however bike does not have security). Take the bike to the dealer (more warranty work) and they download a code for the blinker lights, they reset code and send me on my way. Before I make it out of the parking lot the bike shuts down again. Bike goes back in for a complete diagnostics. Picked up bike today and it turned out that the BCM was bad, cost Harley $225 bucks plus 4 hours labor to figure it out. At this rate Mrs. Slapp’s bike will be a new bike again before the warranty runs out.
Good luck and be safe.

Unfortunate but I am happy to hear that it is fixed and Mrs. Slapp is back on the road.

You know dbmg now that I see that link, I remember reading about that...I just never put two and two together.
Oh well it is all good now
Enjoy and be safe.

Back