free website stats program OK heres my next question about... | Harley Davidson Forums

OK heres my next question about...

Fourdogs

My friend has a 03 Ultra...My question is: We were traveling Saturday after a couple of hundred miles we fueled up and took off and after a few minutes I noticed my security lamp key light was on. It stayed on about 30 minutes and then went off. Now after the normal procedure of starting the security lamp light will come on the second time for about 8 seconds and then go off as though some code was set. I had my key fob on my belt and I cannot swear that the button might have not been pushed as I was traveling, I dont think so, but possible.

My friend has a 03 Ultra...My question is: We were traveling Saturday after a couple of hundred miles we fueled up and took off and after a few minutes I noticed my security lamp key light was on. It stayed on about 30 minutes and then went off. Now after the normal procedure of starting the security lamp light will come on the second time for about 8 seconds and then go off as though some code was set. I had my key fob on my belt and I cannot swear that the button might have not been pushed as I was traveling, I dont think so, but possible.

The security lamp on after start now indicates a historic code was set. When it was on constant, the fault was present then. Check the codes and see what you bring up.
00-03 HD Codes And Activation - Harley Davidson Community

Glider, are the '09's, '10s comming out with OBDII ports? Any talk of it at all? Would make life easier for us at home, or is that what they DONT want? Just wondering if you might have heard of that possibility.

Haven't heard anything on this feature on the new bikes. The dealers are usually the first to find out at the dealer meetings. I'm sure it will leak out sooner or later once it's established.

Knowing the MOCO, they will probably restrict access to the OBD through the dealers so they retain control over the feature and it's info. making it less accessible to the end user.

Back