free website stats program Ok...Here it is....Trans oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Ok...Here it is....Trans oil

mat 60

Hi...Ill make this short..what weight gear oil..75/90 or85/140.. Thats it..Oh and yes I was using Hd oil .....:bigsmiley21:..Please dont yell at me ,,,:D

Either one will work depending on the temps you ride in. I used the 85/140 gear oil in mine.

good choice...
signed....bubbie:D

What no plug for Redline ? You gettin soft on us ?

Just kidding, BTW Bubbie wonder what weight Redline Shock is ? Or possibly the goo/gel consistency adds parameters that viscosity weight connotation does not encompass.

I know I'm gonna try it next change, already told my friend (and Amsoil dealer) that I've got to see how it works.

Redline Heavy Shockproof Gear Lube is 75W250 (film). See here:

Red Line Synthetic Oil - ShockProof® Gear Oils - Heavy ShockProof®

TQ

Thanks TQ, I went there and looked, which one of these would you and/or Bubbie recommend for my TwinCam trans ?

Heavy ShockProof
Film thickness greater than an SAE 75W250, yet low fluid friction like 75W90
For heavily-loaded racing differentials and transmissions, problem gearboxes
Many performance racing applications like Sprint/Midget/Dirt Late Model Differentials, Detroit Lockers and spools, NHRA Top Fuel and Funny Car rear ends
Not recommended for most synchro applications due to the product's extreme slipperiness

Lightweight ShockProof
Film thickness greater than an SAE 75W140, yet low fluid friction like 80W gear oil or 30W motor oil
Excellent low-temp flow, improved cold shifting
For racing differentials under moderate loads
Popular in racing transmissions like Hewland and other Road Racing dog-ring boxes, Bert and Brinn for Stock Cars, G-Force, and Liberty clutchless for Drag Racing

I am still running RUN RITE 75-140 full synthetic in my bike with great success so far, no clunk and easy to find neutral, best of all it was FREE:s

I am still running RUN RITE 75-140 full synthetic in my bike with great success so far, no clunk and easy to find neutral, best of all it was FREE:s

I'm running Amsoil SevereGear 90w and it has reduced it from a clunk to a lite clank. Just kinda wanted to try the Redline just to see what it's like.

I'm running Amsoil SevereGear 90w and it has reduced it from a clunk to a lite clank. Just kinda wanted to try the Redline just to see what it's like.

Another good choice:s

Back