free website stats program ok got it...77 FXS now it starts | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

ok got it...77 FXS now it starts

I would like to see a close up of that tank paint, If you got one (or maybe Jack could help out). Looks great Lorne cant wait to ride it next year in Salt Springs! :D

here you go....Jack didn't take the photo. don't think I will take it to Salt Springs.. this one is my Island bike on Margarita

Attachments

• DSCN0491.jpg
    DSCN0491.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 19
Looks really Good Lorne. Glad you got her running. I take it the old carb. cleaned up OK?
tourbox

Looks really Good Lorne. Glad you got her running. I take it the old carb. cleaned up OK?
tourbox

hey Ray
yup worked out good. I was expecting a lot of vibration but it runs very smooth. I am very happy. still wish Jack could take a photo but we all have dreams...lol:D:D

Thanks for the Photo Jack! I love that tank paint..

ok guys so here is the question. as you all know i am doing this on Margarita Island and i cant just run down the the parts store or chrome shop. i was hopping that the forks were going to beable to get cleaned up (at least a little) but as you can see i need to do something. i would like to paint them black so i am open to any and all ideas on how to do it so that it looks good and will last.

my thoughts are to attack them with a steel brush and scuff them up real good, them prime and paint (thinking on doing this to all my chrome). i do know of a good painter down there, but tools etc are VERY limited.

also thinking might be a good time to put rubber fork boots on but not sure if it will trap all the humidity
in the seal area needs to be SMOOTH chrome, but the rest can be cleaned with a scotch bright pad on an air angle grinder , then sprayed with a bed liner product from Dupli-Color called bed armor. i did my lowers with 3 light coats and it looks great and seems to hold up good, so far it doesn't have ANY chips at all . about $14 per spray can. if i can figure how to add a picture i'll show what it looks like

in the seal area needs to be SMOOTH chrome, but the rest can be cleaned with a scotch bright pad on an air angle grinder , then sprayed with a bed liner product from Dupli-Color called bed armor. i did my lowers with 3 light coats and it looks great and seems to hold up good, so far it doesn't have ANY chips at all . about $14 per spray can. if i can figure how to add a picture i'll show what it looks like

thanks PA I would like to see the photo...did Jack take it???:p:p:p

PA's fork sliders.

Attachments

• bike update 080.jpg
    bike update 080.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 13
Back