free website stats program ok got it...77 FXS now it starts | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

ok got it...77 FXS now it starts

Restoring an old bike is and expensive and time consuming hobby however it is very good for self esteem
Getting safety right is important and any areas that are not treated correctly will forever catch your eye
Take a wee bit more time and spend a wee bit more money and at the end of the project you can stand back and be very proud of your own achievement

Brian

yes Brian, the main thing is to make it safe, it is going to be my only mode of transportation as the wife uses the car everyday.. so first to make it safe then to make it pretty

my baby is home!!!! just some cosmetics to do....runs fantastic. still have the legal paper work to do until then I can clean her real nice... once I got the paper work I found out it is a 77 FXE.

she is a very nice ride a lot smoother than I thought she would be. love the shifting she goes through the gears nicer than my evo or roadking. still waiting on a few parts but nothing that I cant ride without.

I feel many first dates with my new girl :newsmile036::newsmile036::newsmile036::newsmile036:

Attachments

• DSCN0488.jpg
    DSCN0488.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 21
How many pairs of shoes to get that fine looking bike in the house :s

Brian

Glad you got her up and running. Now get the legal part done and ride the wheels off of her!:)

I would like to see a close up of that tank paint, If you got one (or maybe Jack could help out). Looks great Lorne cant wait to ride it next year in Salt Springs! :D

Back