free website stats program OK, All you Ultra Classic owners | Harley Davidson Forums

OK, All you Ultra Classic owners

xdanman

I have a question since I have read where a million of you UC people have changed your seats. What is the best way to remove your seat? Can you do it without removing the tour pak? If not what is the easiest way to remove the tourpak? I am installing TFI and SE backplate and KN filter. Help me to get in the easiest way.:bigsmiley30:

I just use a screwdriver down between the rear of the seat and the tour pack t remove that screw, then remove the side bag to remove the seat strap. Then just slide slightly back while holding the metal tab at the back up to prevent damage and off it comes...

xdanman, you certainly don’t need to remove the tourpak to get the seat off a geezer glide. The only thing that holds it on is one screw at the rear of the seat under the tourpak. Depending on model year will determine how much room you have to get to the screw. I solved the problem by using a thumbscrew and taking the rodeo strap off the bike. Good luck.

HD even has a replacement screw for the seat to make it easy to remove by hand. About $20. I would also take that useful strap off and throw it in the trash.

HD even has a replacement screw for the seat to make it easy to remove by hand. About $20. I would also take that useful strap off and throw it in the trash.

I like the strap on it gives me a place to hold my gloves when I am fueling up or just needing a place to put them so the wind does not blow them away.

Sharpscuba is obviously a glass half-full kind of guy. Who else would find the perfect use for a useless item. Great Tip - Gloves, maps, etc. it really does serve a purpose, just not the one it was designed for.

I always make sure I have a screw driver and a wrench to fit the strap bolt with me. Never know when you might have to get the seat off to get to the battery. Its really pretty simple to do once youve done it once.

xdanman, you certainly don’t need to remove the tourpak to get the seat off a geezer glide. The only thing that holds it on is one screw at the rear of the seat under the tourpak. Depending on model year will determine how much room you have to get to the screw. I solved the problem by using a thumbscrew and taking the rodeo strap off the bike. Good luck.

I agree thumbsrew is the way too go I also removed the strap see no use in it but others do! Your bike your decision make it wisely! HAHA

When removing the screw that holds the seat on, gently raise the seat while you unscrew it so that it stays in the metal tab. I lost 2 screws by not doing this. I think there's a gremlin down there somewhere that eats them. I was on concrete and never did find those screws

Back