free website stats program Oils | Harley Davidson Forums

Oils

timaloy

Getting round to changing all three in my 04 Ultra. Dealer says it's ok to use Harley Syn 3 for all three, thoughts?

Getting round to changing all three in my 04 Ultra. Dealer says it's ok to use Harley Syn 3 for all three, thoughts?

My Opinion.....
NO NO NO.... That takes care of 3 HOLES on the bike.... and I forgot about the HOLE in the dealers Head that suggested that...

Syn 3 is a SIN in my book and Many here will Agree, There are BETTER oils and lubes to use on and in your bike. (.)

If I may suggest

: Redline Shockproof heavy Or Spectro tranny lube product

20/50 Redline for engine or Mobil V twin or Spectro

Redline chaincase or spectro or 75W140 weight of a good quality and brand name...

Read about the ILL effect the NOT using the proper lub will do to your bike..

Syn3 is NOT a good choice and ESPECIALLY in the tranny OR chaincase. (.)

Many years of using the Best oil products THEN listening to the Problems of using Sin 3 in all 3 holes by the ones who DID what they were told by a dealer that preached using it......... READ.... :small3d007:

signed....BUBBIE

Do not use SYN3 I would use moble 1 v-twin in the engine , SPECTRO 75/140 in the tranny and HD formula 1 in primary this is what 99% of the people on this forum will tell you .

I agree with what's already been said. Syn 3 will work but it is definitely NOT the best choice for your baby. My vote is Mobil 1 V Twin or Amsoil V Twin in the engine, Spectro in the tranny and HD Formula + in the primary. Dumping Syn 3 in all three holes might be the easiest thing but this is not the situation where one product does it all. If you're like most of us here, you want only the best for your ride.

Read Bubbies post again good advice here, I would not run it in any tranny period

I use excatly the same as Bowhiker , I have convinced several bikes to do the same and everyone extremly happy , SYN 3 is not of all three , bad oil , made by Hugo Chavez , cannot be good , buyer beware of brainwashed dealers
good luck

Back