free website stats program Oils Oils Oils | Harley Davidson Forums

Oils Oils Oils

RetNavyHD

Hello all,

I know this has been beat to death and i have read and read on this site and almost fell asleep about it i am looking to find out what you put in your bike. Going to start doing my own maintenace on the bike and want to stock up i have a 08 Ultra with a stage 1.

Engine Oil Mobile 1 v-twin?
Tranny Spectro 6 speed?
Primary ?

Thanks for your help and input

RK

going with spectro primary chain case oil 85w this spring. also doing away with the harley fluids in engine and trans! puting mobile 1 vtwin in the engine,spectro 6sp for the trans.

Engine = M1 20W/50 Synth
Tranny = M1 75W/90 Synth
Primary = HD Formula+

Keeps my 09 SG running smooth & strong...

I don't think there is a best, but what you're listed would be my pick of the litter but like Smitty said (any of the top SYN engine oils will serve you well)
The oil filter is as important as the oil, for a twin cam I stick with the HD filter because I know it's 5 microns, for a evo I would go K&N.

If I had a new Harley I would run what Trek does. The lubricants today are all good whether syn or dino. They all have the same additive packages. Changing oil at the MOCO's recomendation will keep you safe. I doubt that you will find a mechanic who will tell you a Harley engine failed because its engine oil did. I have 106k on my EVO and it has always run dinot oil in the engine. Fossil

Make sure you get the M1 V-TWIN it's made for our air cooled engines which run hotter by nature.:s

I've decided to go with pure baby seal oil. They might be endangered but the oil is real slick. Designed for cold weather use too.

Back