free website stats program oil woes | Harley Davidson Forums

oil woes

2 oil changes ago i changed i changed to amsoil synth 20-50 bike has 30,000 mi. on it . it's a 2006 flht standard now i have a lot of cam and lifter noise when it's cold seems better when warmed up but still a rattle noticible on the road but not as bad, bike has never been abused but run it on the highway speed limit plus, anyone else had any problem with this or is it cam and lifter troubles

My bike is in the shop now for valve train noise.It's a '06 road glide w/30000miles,stock engine.The work is complete but cant pick it up until tues.
The SW told me they had to replace the lifters and push rods.There may have been others parts as well.
Been using Amsoil 20/50 since 5000 miles.At the last oil change I used some Lucas Oil Stabilizer for the noise.It did not help.

Yes I have read that info also.Thanks.
My engine was making the noise before I used the Lucas.I will not use the stuff again and just go with straight Amsoil.

My bike is in the shop now for valve train noise.It's a '06 road glide w/30000miles,stock engine.The work is complete but cant pick it up until tues.
The SW told me they had to replace the lifters and push rods.There may have been others parts as well.
Been using Amsoil 20/50 since 5000 miles.At the last oil change I used some Lucas Oil Stabilizer for the noise.It did not help.

I wouldn't use the Lucas myself. Same with Amsoil.

Lucas Oil Products - Harley Davidson Community

Back