free website stats program Oil Temps on '09 Dyna | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Temps on '09 Dyna

It's not the heat, it is the humidity or at least that is what I have always heard. All I can say is we have plenty of both.

i have a 04 low rider with the everything you said and done,,, i have aoil cooler and i had a high temp of 218 on the hotest days in erie .... so buy a oil cooler dude. mounts to the down tube and a auto valve....... great investment

OK... final update. I spoke with the folks at Techlusion (TFi) about my settings. They agreed that I was most likely at the best settings. All of my settings were slightly on the rich side, so no heat issues coming from that angle. Any increase in the green pot would result in a great decrease in my gas mileage (currently 38-40 mpg solo).

I went ahead and added the H-D oil cooler, and I noticed a huge improvement. While riding today in 95+ degree temps, I never saw the temperature rise above 242 degrees, and it often remained between 210 and 230 while cruising.

I feel a lot better now (keeping in mind that my machine only has 4,200 miles on it). My only real complaint: H-D should have made the oil cooler standard equipment.

Thanks to all on the board for your help and ideas!

Glad you got the high engine temp problem sorted. Oil cooler makes sense lower temperatures, simple maintenance, and service geared towards more friction reducing oils. It also added oil capacity and will add to the engine reliablility as well.

Hobbit it would still be 90 in the shade but the beer would be cold. The last time I was in UK was early 80's and you had to beg for ice cubes and the beer was cool at best. Of course this was London and I was told it was a carry over from WWII when ice was scarce. It gives me comfort to know cold beer has finally been discovered in UK.

Back