free website stats program Oil temp | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil temp

Oil coolers no madder what fancy mount or name they have for it lower temps under the BEST condition about 20 degrees.
Worth it or not your call your ride your cash.
Can be a cost effective mod if you do not go over board on some of the over priced ones they are offered

What i ment was the lower ferring for your legs. I've always called them lowers. I was just wondering if there is any problems with space when mounting a vertical oil cooler on the left downtube? I wanna make sure i can mount the cooler and have the lower ferrings still on the bike. I've never used an oil cooler in conjunction with the lower ferrings. Any help or info would be much apperciated, thanks.

mine never gets over 200 degrees, usaully runs about 150-175
and i got a temp gauge and pressure gauge

A note quoted from the Harley service manual:
NOTE
Engine oil should be at normal operating temperature
(230° F/110° C) for an accurate reading.
6. Oil pressure should be 30-38 PSI (207-262 kPa) at 2000
RPM and normal operating temperature.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

You have a brand and or part number? I want to get rid of the worthless air temp gauge and would like to monitor my oil temps without spending $100+ on a guage. If it fits and works well I would like to check it out. Thanks.:cheers

sunpro from autozone u will need to seal bezel w/ small amount of silicone or epoxy because its desined for in auto use & u will be putting it in ferring out in the weather tom

I put a oil temp gauge on an 04 Ultra I used to have. I liked the thought of knowing what the temp is. I bought from HD. It wasn't the easiest thing to put on where the oil lines came together at the sensor. I saw another hookup here on this site that showed the sensor mounting in the extra plug on the oil pan. That would have been much easier.

I watch mine in stop and go traffic. I also use it to know when my bike is warmed up, before taking off.
IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

A note quoted from the Harley service manual:
NOTE
Engine oil should be at normal operating temperature
(230° F/110° C) for an accurate reading.
6. Oil pressure should be 30-38 PSI (207-262 kPa) at 2000
RPM and normal operating temperature.

Al

Al,

Where do you find this in the service manual? I have looked but cannot find it. (2008 Touring Service Manual part # 99483-08) I normally run 230-240. The other day the dash guage jumped to 300, checked the digital dipstick and it was 310 which is the max it will read. Went to the dealer and the service manager said it's normal. Just want to show him where he's wrong.

Thanx

Jack:newsmile040:

Al,

Where do you find this in the service manual? I have looked but cannot find it. (2008 Touring Service Manual part # 99483-08) I normally run 230-240. The other day the dash guage jumped to 300, checked the digital dipstick and it was 310 which is the max it will read. Went to the dealer and the service manager said it's normal. Just want to show him where he's wrong.

Thanx

Jack:newsmile040:

2007 softail manual ..here is the page
Al

Attachments

• 2007_Softail_manual_Chapter_3[1].pdf
    126.1 KB · Views: 12
Back