free website stats program Oil Temp Issue/Solution | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Temp Issue/Solution

Your '07 has been around for years without a problem.
Now you have a temp gauge.....
Get used to where it normally runs, it's just for reference for your bike.

I thought I suggested long ago to use a 6 row Jagg cooler. When I'm up in washington it still needed the cooler on my 09 King, Then @96" using 255 cams, V&H slip-ons, SE air...

I use a thermo Jagg 6 row unit, mounted on my left down tubes, Fits Nice there and does COOL the oil. Now at 103" and running COOL oil...

Mainly the bike Now stays here in Az. Much warmer here.:thanks

signed....BUBBIE

FYI. Harley specs for engine temperature management ,(EITMS) ,shut off rear cylinder at 284 Degrees F.Disables management when temp falls to 275 degrees F.

franka,

This is the post I thought I mentioned to you.: And It Fits better in this thread. Good Cooling you oil down.....:s
HEY Franka,

REMEMBER you are up in Seattle Wa. and the temps there right now are Above normal I hear...

You might try an oil cooler on that ride of yours IF you don't have one.?.?

I found on my 09 FLHR up there in Wa. , it TOO ran hot on the very Sunny days.

IF you don't have a Oil Cooler Installed, I'd get one.

I use a 6 row Jagg with the Automatic thermo unit that fits in front the oil filter NEATLY coming out with the two hoses and I mounted my cooler on the Left Front Down-tubes... A Perfect fit, looks great, out of the way, getting a lot of Air and does a good job here in HOT Az.

I TRULY Needed it and should have had it on while up in the Washington area....

Enjoy your great NW weather. It is NOT always as good as it is right now,,,, Is It?

Oyster Run com'n up.....

signed....BUBBIE

Back