free website stats program Oil Temp Gauges | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Temp Gauges

glider.

BOT Machine
Harley makes a digital gauge that measures oil temps and also the newer ones measure the oil level too without removing the stick. There's been many of these units going belly up and the readings don't work after a period of time and they come at a healthy price.

I like the old analog units and there's a tip when using one of these units.
If you position the gauge in the filler neck (they rotate to any position on most models) so that your normal operating temps have the pointer facing straight forward, you can tell at a glance when your temps are normal without having to read the numbers and can be done on the fly without taking your eyes off the road ahead for any length of time.
Works well and have done this on many bikes.

I wish they made one for the 07 Dyna but it looks like the red headed step child get passed over again.

Do all Harley dip sticks swivel just under the cap? I figure that is why they don't make the oil temp one for Dynas.

I put a Mcewan oil temp guage in my Ultra and my buddies SG, it replaces the outside air temp guage. We both like them. Pain to install but worth it IMO

Had (2) Digital Thermometers go bad on the Electra .. Harley replaced 1 when returned but the other lasted long enough no dice the 2nd time .. Swore off them til found one brand new at a swap meet for about 1/4 the price this one was black, so tried just because liiked the black cover better than chrome been almost a year now and works perfect.. Maybe getting one in Black is the Key ... ;)

Back