free website stats program Oil Temp Gauges | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Temp Gauges

I think it worth it. The air temp gauge is worthless, never worked from day 1 on my bike.
Easy enough to install. When your bikes on the jiffy stand here's what the temp sender will look like:
cimg0394ss7.jpg

The Tank on a 08 is Sooo easy to remove to run the wires back:
cimg0395wn1.jpg

And you can use the wires from the Old Gauge to make the new set up work.

Fireguy,

I agree with Rocknrod above. I replaced that useless air temp gauge on my '03 UC almost as soon as I got the bike. Used one similar to the one Glider provided the link for. Very simple to do with good instructions on doing it. Basically, you drain the oil from the tank, back out the pipeplug from the front of the tank, install the sending unit, run the sending unit wire to the front of the bike, take off the front fairing, remove the air gauge, install the oil temp gauge, install the wires as instructed, put the fairing back on, put oil in the bike and back it out! All on the kick stand.

But I did not go to the trouble that Rocknrod did on removing the gas tank. I just took the sending unit wire over to the frame on the right side and ran it up the clutch cable. If you have a hydraulic clutch, figure out your other options like sticking with the frame tube.

Having both the oil pressure and temp is pretty important on these UCs with all the fairings influencing air flow. As I replied on the oil cooler post, I think that is a good idea too.

TQ

I bought two of the lcd's one for my son's Rk and one for my EGC. His worked mine didn't and I decided that the little screen was the problem but not.For my .02 I think not, wish I had replaced the worderful but not to accurate air temp. swirch. When wil MOCO do something with that guage,(like give us the lotto #'s.:6::guitar

Hi TQ, just got a HD oil temp guage in the mail. I have a 06 streetglide, 88ci.Brfore I dig into it, I'd like to know if You used a bushing to accomodate the sending unit in the oil pan.If so could You tell me what kind and where to get it.
Thanks
Chief

Since it requires fairing removal, I'm thinking about doing this mod and a speaker/amp upgrade at the same time. The thing that's got me worried, though, is that someone awhile back posted a warning about fairing removal and how easy it is to pinch wires and screw things up electrically. Am I being totally paranoid about doing work behind the fairing? Can a guy with only average ability and tools handle this task?

Back