free website stats program oil tappet screen plug slot stripped | Harley Davidson Forums

oil tappet screen plug slot stripped

wvcoalminer

I recently bought a 96 flstc great bike got a great deal,when I went to do a service on it I noticed the oil tappet plug was chewed up on the top I couldn't get it to break loose as the top was sort of stripped I hopeing someone will have some suggestions to help me out as I do not want to hurt the case everything else on the bike is cherry it only has 9000 miles on it runs great I want to keep that way great site hope someone can help

I recently bought a 96 flstc great bike got a great deal,when I went to do a service on it I noticed the oil tappet plug was chewed up on the top I couldn't get it to break loose as the top was sort of stripped I hopeing someone will have some suggestions to help me out as I do not want to hurt the case everything else on the bike is cherry it only has 9000 miles on it runs great I want to keep that way great site hope someone can help

Give it a tap or two with a dull punch, you should be able to walk it out, HD makes a nice Acorn replacement for it, I used to use a Drag Link Socket on these but that was then, Good Luck

Thanks i will try that and hit my local HD shop tomorrow for the acorn nut
WAP.gif

Back